Chapter Four- "Three Days After"

The sound of a creaking door lifted Bella's eyes half-open for the fifth time now. Her eyebrows moved towards her nose, already very irritated, and felt the warmth from the blood that rose up from with the temper in her cute pierced ears.

She snorted an angry warm air, lifted her torso up with her weak hands and turned her body towards the distant steps that followed after a gentle thud of old wood echoed in her blue painted room.

A blurry vision of a young, beautiful man stood right beside her table. His arms tied to a bundle of freshly picked daisies and to a pretty, ribbon-wrapped basket full of red and green apples. She lifted her head with her hand, felt the rough gigantic gauze wrapped around her forehead and the faint pain that circled around the freshly knitted wound.

"Can't I have a rest from all these sudden visitations? Can't hospitals make scheduled visits for the patients?" she said. Her eyes fixed to a smiling and gentle face that moved very quickly to hers, closing distance to a very intimate and tight space.

She gasped a little,and a bit taken by surprise by the sudden touch of very soft lips on her cheek. It vibrated all through her body, like an electric shock that blasted to her skin and her heart began to throb in response, with a sound that is very much like a stranger to her own body.

She happily trembled, her eyes widened into a medium size beetle while her mouth hanged open and lost in words. 

'Are you really sending me out? And no, hospitals should not make scheduled visits" her visitor said, pointing at the blue painted door that is securely locked.

The sudden scent of spring from the now abundant flower vase clung to her nose, giving her drug to become even more flustered with the colors in her cheeks. Her mind reeled and rewind to the moment she was kissed with this beautiful man, no actually he's a friend . . . Or yet probably a lover, and unable to process the question that he asked of her.

"No. Sit down, Treck." she said in a whispering manner, her cheeks in the color of a happy red while her hands pointed at the free chair at his left side.

"Thank you." he said with another stretched smile making his dimples a little clearer now. His severed neck was covered entirely with some fresh white dressing.

He grabbed the metallic white chair with his broad hands, pushed it near the place where her legs are placed under the cozy blanket.

"How are you feeling?" he said. His hands slid into his pocket, grabbed a wrapped chocolate bar and started to munch on it.

"Heavenly, saintlike, airborne. I don't know, I felt like I wanted to jump, and now I'm talking very fast. You, how are your feelings for me?"

"What did you just say?" Treck's face flushed with confusion that his hands stopped in the air right in front of his mouth, paused from biting another slice of the chocolate bar.

Bella wanted to somersault from her shame, or hide in the space right below her bed and dig a hole that will eat her alive. She silently panicked in her seat. Her fingers tapped widely in the sheets and then thought of something to cover that awkward question.

"No, that's not what I was trying to say, " she said, her cheeks brightened even more.

"And why is your face getting redder and redder by the minute? Are you having fever?" he stood up and reached his right hand to her forehead.

Her gut suddenly felt squishy by the sight of his hands that reached for her. She raised her hands quickly and blocked him from holding her head.

"No!" she shouted a little, and her hands were accidentally attached to him.