Cerberus

"Hello, dear child." the deep voice said. I quickly turned around and what I saw amazed me. What stood before me was a massive Doberman Pinscher with three heads. The right head had scars all over its face and he had glowing, red eyes. The head on the left was surprisingly timid and he had sheepish and soft blue eyes. The head in the middle looked regal and in charge of the other two, this head had striking green eyes. I stood there shivering in my own footsteps. The middle head looked extremely sorry, "I'm sorry to have scared you, Mika," It said. "H-h-how do y-you know my name?" I ask in shock. "Child, I am Cerberus, your uncle. Now, my dear, I am sorry for staying away. Your father just got to my gates. If I had known how your mother was treating you I would've helped you." I stare, trying to swallow all that just happened. My mother, a faerie!? An uncle? This is all too strange. I think to myself. I hesitantly look at Cerberus. I look at the middle head, its eyes full of genuine regret. "So... let's just say that I believe you, what now? I can't go back to her, not now..." "And you can't stay with me." he finished. The green eyed head growled to its other heads. The head seemed to be asking for thoughts from the other. The red eyed head growled an answer to the green. The green head barked at the red one with anger. The meek blue eyed head whimpered a reply to the green's question. The green eyed dominant head snapped his attention back the more shy and timid head. The green head seemed to be deep in thought. He nodded his head. "We have decided that our son, Vukan and Vucaan, will protect you. I warn you, if you betray him and he will betray you. But, treat him with respect and he will treat you with respect in return." All of a sudden, all three heads howled. It was the most magnificent sound I have heard in my life. Their howl sounded like a symphony made up of animals, graceful and melodic, yet sounding free as the wind. I stood in awe, mesmerized by their howl. When they stopped I heard a loud rumble. Snap! Crack! I get awoken from my trance as I see the ground split open right in front of me. "What's going on?!" I yell at my uncle. He seems to smirk at me, a twinkle of playfulness shines in his striking emerald eyes. The ground opens and spews dark smoke as a large shadow climbs up and out of the crack.

Hey everyone! I know it's been a long while but I have been busy. As a bonus for waiting so long we have 2 chapters posted today! Love you all! ~ WolfHeart