Chapter one

~~~~*~~~~

Oikawa wondered what was wrong the minute he stepped foot on to the crowded school grounds. Normally he would have walked to school with his best friend, Iwaizumi, but Oikawa thought he might already be there since he left his house a little late. But the taller male was nowhere to be seen.

Later, at volleyball practice, the other still wasn't there.

"Does anyone know where Iwa-chan is?" The brunette asked in an unusually soft voice.

He turned towards Hanamaki and Matsukawa but they both shrugged. A voice behind him grabbed his attention.

"I heard somewhere that's he's not coming to school for a few days," Kindaichi answered him quickly.

Oikawa raised a brow but didn't pry any further. That was the moment the setter decided he'll visit Iwaizumi after practice. For the first time in his life the omega was the one seriously worried about the others health.

Iwaizumi never stayed home for more then one day, two tops on very rare occasions. One day was already weird, the fact that his best friend hadn't said anything worried him. Practice time crawled by and Oikawa's nerves were getting the best of him.

When he was finished changing he practically flew out the door.

"Bye guys! I'm going to visit Iwa-chan! My presence will probably make him feel better right away!"

He grabbed his bag and slung it over his shoulder, leaving without waiting for a reply. When the captain arrived at the Iwaizumi household he hesitated, stopping in his tracks, mind filled with doubt.

What if he's finally sick of you?

After a few moments he snapped out of it and knocked on the white wooden door anyway. The black car of Hajime's mother wasn't parked in the driveway so he knew the dark-haired male was alone.

After some shuffling from inside the house the wooden door opened revealing a tired and weary but otherwise fine looking Iwaizumi.

"Iwa-chan! I was worried, I thought you died! What's wrong? You'll be better soon right?" Oikawa rambled on, not noticing the conflicted expression Iwaizumi wore.

Said dark brown-haired male took a deep breath and answered the shorter male's questions.

"I'm not dead, I presented and I don't know when I'll be back yet."

Tooru frowned and reached out for his friends arm. It was said Iwaizumi would be an alpha, his presence said so but Oikawa couldn't catch his scent for the life of him.

When his fingertips and the others arm almost ghosted over each other Iwaizumi flinched and pulled his arm back.

"Sorry, I'm still kinda tense," Iwaizumi reassured the other.

Oikawa nodded and smiled weakly, eyebrows were slightly furrowed as he noticed something else.

He recognized the slight lift of Iwaizumi's eyebrow, the right one lifting about a slight millimeter extra in comparison with the more furrowed left one.

He was lying to Tooru.

He could only recognize the slight habit when Hajime was hiding something big from him, something important or very personal.

His chest tightened and his breath hitched ever so slightly, Hajime didn't trust him enough to tell him?

Iwaizumi stepped aside and let the shorter male in, closing the door behind him. Tooru had already taken his shoes off, revealing his blue socks with little green alien on them, and was waiting for his dark-haired best friend.