Chapter 11

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" Piper demanded as she realized that she was in fact laying in the middle of the palm of Kalen's over sized hand. And while granted, this time she wasn't being trapped in a tight fist with her arms held at her sides, she considered it no more a pleasant experience. 

Kalen chuckled, his gray eyes looking down on her with amusement. "What, you don't enjoy this?" He asked with an exaggerated faux innocence.

Fuming, Piper tried to push herself up into a less vulnerable position, however this was easier said than done, a hand that was being held in a tilted manner did not make a particularly stable platform. Piper felt as though she might slide off any second. All the more reason to hate being in people's hands.

"You're going to fucking drop me, put me down!" Piper shouted, her stomach lurching as she glanced the distance to the ground, a drop that would most certainly kill her.

"Oh relax, you're fine." Kalen told her with an eye roll.

Piper shook her head vehemently, "I think you're overconfident in your holding people ability." She said anxiously, trying not to look down at the ground so far below her.

"Oh come on, it's got to be an adrenaline rush, like a rollercoaster." Kalen suggested enthusiastically.

Piper gave a derisive snort, "Yeah a rollercoaster with no seat belts or safety measures, being controlled by a sadistic giant." 

"Aw, don't you trust me?" Kalen asked, smirking.

"About as far as I can throw you." Piper hissed back. Piper's list of people that she trusted was not very extensive, and it definitely did not include the freaky giant she had just met yesterday. 

Piper heard a low chuckle above her before suddenly the hand beneath her jerked violently, sending her body several inches into the air. Piper's breath caught in her throat and she could swear her heart stopped for several long seconds as she fell back down to the surface of the hand responsible for her brief flight. The landing wasn't particularly painful, but it definitely was not pleasant. 

"What the fuck was that?!" Piper screeched out between labored breaths.

"You're fun to mess around with." She heard Kalen say, causing Piper to throw the dirtiest glare up at him. 

"I am not a plaything for you to mess with, you giant dick! Now put me the hell down!" Piper demanded, shoving herself to her feet angrily.

Unsurprisingly Kalen responded with an unfazed laugh. "Well you look an awful lot like a doll, you've got to admit." He said wickedly.

Piper scowled darkly. "I am very very far from a doll." She growled.

Kalen snorted, "I won't disagree with that."

Just then Piper heard a sound coming from the bedroom door, she turned to see the door handle moving downward as the door was pushed open. She took in a sharp breath and her blood ran cold, but before panic could start to set in, Piper found the hand underneath her suddenly jolting into motion. Unable to hold her balance on the moving extremity, Piper tumbled downwards where she surely would have fallen from the surface of Kalen's hand and down to the floor below had it not been for Kalen's long fingers wrapping tightly around her body. Piper let out an involuntary high pitched squeak as Kalen's hand swiftly moved her towards his chest and then into the inner pocket of his dark blue vest. Once the hand had unceremoniously deposited her in the pocket, the fingers retreated, leaving Piper trapped alone in the confines of the dark pocket.

Piper was about to shout out indignantly to Kalen when she heard the sound of an unfamiliar male voice. She instantly froze, not daring to move for fear it would reveal her location to the stranger.

"Kalen, must you attempt to lock your door like some petulant child?" The voice asked.

"It's locked to prevent anyone from walking in without first knocking, as you just did." Piper flinched as the booming sound of Kalen's voice reverberated through her. Piper felt her face redden as she realized how close she was to his chest. She could even feel his heartbeat pounding against her back.

"I was just on my way home when I received a call from Lord Rothgard. He told me he's calling an emergency meeting, and that it had something to do with you." The stranger's voice informed Kalen skeptically. "What's going on, son?" So that's who this was. This was Kalen's father, Piper realized.

Piper could feel Kalen swallow hard before he said, "I'm not allowed to give away any details before the meeting, you know that as well as I do, father." 

Kalen's father gave a frustrated huff. "I understand, and you know that your mother and I trust you with council matters, but an emergency meeting is a big deal. I need to know that you know what you're doing." He explained seriously.

"If you trust me, then you'll trust that I know what I'm doing." Kalen responded simply.

A deep sigh came from Kalen's father. "Of course." He replied, uncertainty still evident in his voice.

Piper could literally feel Kalen's muscles relax around her. It was a surreal experience that sent shivers running across her skin.

"Did mother come with you?" Kalen asked his father. 

"No, she had a meeting in Krestin." He answered dispassionately. 

Kalen gave no indication that he was surprised. Piper wondered if it was normal for his parents not to be around much. Sure her parents were split up, but she never went a day without seeing at least one of them once.

"If you're going to be presenting information at this meeting, you had better prepare for it." Kalen's father told him firmly. "I have some calls I need to make. I'll be in my office." He said before Piper heard the sound of footsteps lead him out the door with the sound of the door clicking shut behind him.

Piper couldn't help but feel as though she had just listened in on a private conversation she had no business listening to. Though it wasn't as though it had been by choice.

"Damn override code." Piper heard Kalen grumble before she abruptly felt the body around her begin to move. She could feel the pocket she was still trapped in bouncing slightly with Kalen's footsteps. She was starting to get irritated with the fact that she was still confined in the inner breast pocket of his vest. Either he had forgotten about her, or he was purposefully keeping her in there, most likely to piss her off.

Just as Piper was about voice her annoyance, Kalen's massive fingers suddenly appeared, slipping into the pocket and shifting around until they found Piper's body. Instinctively Piper moved away from them, despite the fact that they were her way out of the dark pocket. However the space was far too small for her to be able to evade them even momentarily as they easily twisted around her and dragged her out.

Piper winced as her eyes were met with the bright lights of the world outside the dark pocket of Kalen's vest. Before her eyes could fully adjust Kalen had set her down on some strange unstable surface. Once Piper had regained her vision, her eyes widened as they took in the vast cushion expanse around her. She realized that she was in fact standing in the middle of a gigantic bed. Then she turned to her right and practically jumped out of her skin as she realized that laid out on said bed was the giant to go along with it.