One

Madison

Ten minutes, ten minutes is all the time I've got before the boss fries my arse again for being late.

Eight minutes and counting. I desperately need coffee and the line for Starbucks seems to be growing .

Ok I'll skip the coffee. Six minutes and two blocks before I have to start work. The signpost at the corner says West 45th Street. I will never make it.

I step out onto the curb and as usual the streets of uptown New York are lined with yellow. I know the streets of New York like the back of my hand. Born and raised in New York.

I stick my arm out passed the curb, Four cabs stop, the story of my life. I'm a model, it's what I do, what I'm 'good' at.

I get in the closest cab. Instruct the cab driver on where I need to go and in less than three minutes the cab stops.

"Crap!" My watch tells me I only have two minutes to get inside and up eighteen floors. Maybe I should kiss my job 'goodbye' now. I quickly skip along the pavement in my sixty dollar, sequined silver heels.
Tomorrow I will wear better walking shoes. Yes there is one lift open. Come on heels you can do it. Oh no, don't close. "Wait!" I hear myself shout. A hand pushes the lift door back just as my heels carry me into the lift.

Wow! The hand that held the door open now has a face and well, he isn't too bad. I manage a "Thank. You." before pressing the button for the eighteenth floor.

"Eighteenth huh? Designer?"

"Model," I say quickly.

He looks at me. Looks me up and down, "Of course, I should've realised."

We stand in silence. One minute. The lift door clicks open. He gets out. I watch him walk out of the lift. The lift door starts to close. Then out of nowhere a hand pulls the lift door open, I know that hand! Thirty seconds. He stands in the way of the lift door.

"I'm Dylan, Dylan Washington,"

Fifteen seconds. He steps back into the lift and the doors close.

"I'm Maddie, Madison Johnson."

"The Madison Johnson?" What? Does he know me?

"The one and only."

"Well it is nice to meet you Ms Johnson."

"So what do you do here?"

"Ah...Job Interview."

"Really, who with?"

"Kylie Matheson..."

I am speechless. I have no words. Kylie Matheson! The big boss. Crap! I really am late!

"An interview with Ms Matheson?" My ability to speak now back.

"Yeah any advice?" He asks. Dylan grins and it just makes him hotter.

"Don't be late," I say checking my watch. The lift doors click open.

The Eighteenth floor. Home of Dolce and Gabbana, Louis Vuitton, Gucci and Vogue. Any girls paradise.

"I'll see you round, Mr Washington." I say stepping out of the lift.

"Yeah sooner than you think Madison." I turn but the lift doors are shut.

Damn I didn't even get his number.

Remembering I'm late I quickly direct myself to the Dolce and Gabbana office first and only shoot of the day. My heels sprint past the receptionist sitting at her desk.