Five

Dylan

Five courses later and Madison and I are heading back to her apartment. I get lost just looking at her. She is so bubbly. Don't just stare at her! Listen you idiot!

"... Chocolate and oysters. I inspired by love. Mark is a great chef but a little bit of a weird guy."

"Ha. Yes he is. Did you enjoy yourself?"

"I had a great time, thank you Dylan."

"You are very welcome."

I can't help but notice her eyes lingering on my lips. We are sitting quite close to each other in the limo. Our thighs are touching. She places a hand on my leg and it takes all my self-control to not tremble under her touch. Trying to be as manly/romantic as possible I interlace my fingers with hers and pull her hand closer. She leans in, shortening the distant between us. I feel the limo stop. We must have arrived. Before she can escape I close the distance between us pressing my lips to hers. She lets me in and our mouths move in unison. Madison places a hand on my chest as we break part. I hop out and open her door for her. I offer her my hand and she takes it. The two of us keep our finger intertwined as I walk Madison up to her apartment. When we reach her door she turns to me.

"I have ice cream." She says the corners of her lips tugging upward.

"I like ice cream." I reply.

Madison unlocks her door and still holding my hand leads me inside. I pause briefly in the doorway. Damn Dylan be a gentleman. Think with your brain!

"Madison, are you sure?"

Madison studies my face for a moment before responding, "I really do mean ice cream. I had fun tonight I thought we could keep talking."

Idiot! Way to put your foot in it! I'm frozen in doorway as Madison is already reaching the kitchen.

"Thomas Matthew Price! Go and put clothes on!"

Regaining my composure I finally step inside and close the door just in time to see Tom sulking into his room. Madison walks over with a tub of Ben & Jerry's and two spoons.

"Cookies & cream ok?"

"Perfect."

Tom comes back out of his room wearing sweatpants and a wife beater. "Better mum?"

Madison smirks and without missing a beat hits him on the head with her spoon, "don't you give me lip boy!"

She gestures for me to join her and two of us sit in the lounge room. I take a seat in the one seater and Madison sits on the floor at my feet leaning on my legs. Tom pick up an Xbox controller from the coffee table and unpauses his games.

"Sorry you have to see her like this Dylan." He says winking at Madison. "Oh and by the way Mads I beat your kill count."

"Kill count?" I question.

"COD" Tom and Madison say answering my question together. No way! This girl is the perfect woman.

"You play Call of Duty?"

Madison just nods. She opens the ice cream, hands me a spoon and holds out the container to me. I take a spoonful. My eyes are completely focused on her. She looks down at the ice cream and takes a big scoop into her mouth. She catches my eye and smiles.

"Do you want to play?" She asks. I watch her lips tug up into a smirk she has done this several times tonight right before she makes/tries to make a joke. It is her tell. "Do you know how?"

She holds out a spare controller for me.

"Oh you are going down Johnson."

"I like your confidence Dylan. Mads, one on one?"