Two

Madison

"What are you doing tonight?"

"Lift Guy...?" Wow he doesn't mess around. "Corner of Madison and 32nd Street please." I say to the cab driver. I always find it funny every time I give my address.

"It is Dylan actually although 'Lift Guy' has a nice ring to it. I might make a legal change."

"Well Dylan what can I do for you?"

"Tonight. Let me take you out."

Wow straight to point but tonight is Friday and Tom would never forgive me if I bailed.

"Sorry I have plans."

"Date?"

"Jealous?"

"Maybe..."

"Well no it isn't a date. I promised my roommate I'd go to the new club opening on the Upper East side."

"Tyranny?"

"Yeah that's the one." Tom was desperate to go but who the hell names a club Tyranny? The cab stops and I hand the driver a twenty and hop out, "Thanks, keep the change."

"Well I have to say I'm disappointed but not surprised a gorgeous girl like yourself would already have plans. Raincheck?"

Wow this guy was one smooth talker, "Sure. Maybe. See you 'round, Lift Guy."

Ok so maybe I was quick to blow him off but I can't get involved with him. He is technically my new boss, or related to the boss, or whatever it doesn't matter. Dylan Washington is just eye candy ... nothing more.

***

Dylan

And just like that she hung up. Wow, no girl had ever hung up on me before. It was why mum always sent me to sign up new models for InStyle she knew they couldn't resist my boyish charm. Madison got my attention today. She clearly had no idea who I was before today and she didn't throw herself at me. She seems different to the other models. Intriguing.

As I sat through the board meeting on the fifth floor my thoughts were somewhere else. She had hung up on me and just before said, '...See you round, Lift Guy'.

Lift Guy. I laughed to myself, cute. I snapped out of my daydream and noticed the board of directors for the Louis Vuitton New York office starring at me. Shit Dylan fix this be smooth. I pull my phone out of my pocket pretending someone is calling me.

"Sorry everyone I didn't realise I'm late for my next meeting. Please forward me the minutes. I have to take this." I pretend to answer as I casually leave the room.

I walk to the lift once again chuckling to myself. 'Lift Guy'. I look down at my phone and this time I really do make a call.

"Hang on! Just one second..."

"Mark?"

"..."

"Mark?!"

"Ok I'm here. Hello Mark speaking."

"What the hell dude? It's Dylan."

"Oh hey man. The kitchen is prepping for dinner tonight. I had duck in one hand and truffles in the other." Mark Jacobs, my best friend and probably one of the best chefs in New York. He has three Michelin Stars after his name.