Chapter 9: New Beginnings

Tiara sat at her table in Chemistry class staring down at the gold necklace that lay in the palm of her hand. It was a chain necklace with a cello shaped charm hanging at the end of it. She had found it in her orchestra locker before class started attached with a scribbled note that said:

Tiara, please just hear me out. Meet me in the infirmary during your lunch today and at least try to talk to me? 

- Brandon

The infirmary was a former classroom that was located on downstairs D hall. There was a back door on that hallway that hid about 5 steps that led to a room where teachers and administrators threw broken equipment and lost items for either the janitors or the students to deal with. Hence why it's called "the infirmary". One would get into tons of trouble if caught in that room without permission since it's so abandoned. But kids go in and out of that room all day to either skip, deal drugs, or do some type of sexual activity because the teachers don't really "watch" it like they claim they do.

Tiara had the note stuffed in her pocket and the necklace in her hand. She couldn't deny, it was extremely beautiful. And the fact that Brandon still hasn't moved on after almost week, told Tiara something. It told her that Brandon is either acting, or really did have some deep feelings for her. She was curious to find out which was true.

"Hey, girl," Cheyenne greeted from behind Tiara, like they were best friends or something. She slid her chair from under the table and flopped down on it, placing her books in front of her. Tiara quickly shoved the necklace into her pocket with the note. "What was that?" Cheyenne asked leaning forward to get a glance at it before it disappeared.

"Nothing," Tiara replied. 

"That didn't look like 'nothing' to me."

Tiara shrugged. "Maybe you needa get your eyes checked," Tiara smirked.

Cheyenne grinned. "Maybe you need to get your lies checked." She went into her purse to get a stick of gum. 

Tiara watched her as she did so. She wondered how Cheyenne could walk around so nonchalant and normal knowing that she did the worst possible thing ever to her own best friend. Tiara shook her head at this thought. But Tiara could see why John wasn't able to resist her. Cheyenne was absolutely gorgeous. Her burnette hair (that was obviously dyed judging by her blonde roots that were beginning to show) was up into a messy bun, and she wore a black cropped tank top that had the American flag in the shape of a heart in the center of it. She also wore white skinny jeans and black combat boots. And she had really full lips for a white girl. They were painted with red lipstick.

Tiara had to admit, her outfit was cute, probably cuter than hers. Tiara had a mint colored, v-neck, lace dress that came mid thigh to her. Around the waist was a skinny, brown braided belt that went well with her brown oxfords. 

Tiara stopped the piece of gum that threatened to slide past her and  off the end of the table with her hand. "Thanks," she said picking up the gum.

"I knew you would ask," Cheyenne responded confidently. Tiara was quite glad that Cheyenne had given her the gum because she actually wasn't going to ask, although she wanted to. Cheyenne intimidated her, and she was afraid that she would suddenly jump into her bratty attitude, therefore she decided that it was best to stay qiuet. 

After class had started, Mrs. Ordeniro had assigned each partnership a chapter out of the Chemistry books to sum up and present to the rest of the class in a creative way. She walked around the classroom and handed each table a paper with their chapter and the directions for the assignment . "Now that 1st quarter is coming to an end and everyone has gotten used to things, you all will be doing this assignment at the beginning of every quarter to introduce the chapter that we will be learning about. And every quarter you will get a new partner. So yes, we will have a new seating chart every quarter." Mrs. Ordeniro finally got to Tiara and Cheyenne's table and slid the paper between the two. Mrs. Orderniro continued to talk. "Completing the experiment in this chapter FROM THE BOOK will result in extra credit..."