Chapter 28: Return

The class laughed almost every other second of the video that Cheyenne had played. Her and Tiara were both standing up in the front of the classroom; one of them at each end of the Smart Board. It was the first time Tiara's watched it,  and she had to admit, Cheyenne isn't that bad at making and editing movies. Of course it wasn't a big Hollywood type movie. But it was good for what it was. She was thoroughly impressed.

When the last two lines of the movie was said, the classroom was filled with immediate 'aws' from hopeless romantics. Tiara and Cheyenne smiled at each other as the class applauded the well put together video. 

"Very well done, ladies," Mrs. Ordeniro praised as she checked a piece of paper on a clipboard she was holding. Tiara walked back to her seat while Cheyenne removed her flash drive from the school's laptop. 

"Next pairing will be Joseph and Bryan," Mrs. Ordeniro announced. 

The two boys went up to the front as Cheyenne walked back to her seat. "That was really good," Tiara whispered as Cheyenne took her seat. 

She smiled to herself while bending down to pick her purse up from off the floor. She softly placed it on the table and unzipped the zipper that was located on the front of the purse. "I know," she responded putting her flash drive into the pouch.

Tiara rolled her eyes at Cheyenne's conceited response. "Where'd you learn how to do that?"

Cheyenne shrugged. "I kinda just played around with movie making software since I was a kid. And I just learned by experience. Now I really like making movies. It's kinda like a hobby, ya know?"

"That's really cool," Tiara whispered in response. 

"Girls, please give the same amount of respect you were given," Mrs. Ordeniro called aloud. She didn't look at Tiara and Cheyenne, but they knew who she was talking to. "Thank you."

* * *

 Daniel and Tiara walked into the library together, smiling happily because they were finally back to where they used to be.

Mrs. Lathum started class with attendance as usual. When she looked up from her list of names, she spotted Daniel right ahead of her and smiled widely. "It's nice to have you back, Daniel."

"It's nice to be back," he smirked in response. And he meant it. ISS was something any sane couldn't sit through for over a week. Staring at nothing but bare walls and empty desks was dreadful. The only thing that kept Daniel from going crazy were the bathroom and lunch breaks. He seriously wondered how Chris did that for two weeks. 

"You know who you're working with from now on, right?"

Daniel looked at Tiara and grinned. Who gave him a 'she's making a big mistake' smile. "Yes ma'am," he answered.

She had went back to taking roll when Nicholas leaned over to ask Daniel the question everyone's been wondering. "Where were you?"

"ISS."

"Oh," Nicholas said sitting back in his chair. He wanted to ask why he had ISS but felt that they weren't close enough for that yet.

"Why?" Zack volunteered to ask.

Daniel shook his head. "It's a long story, man."

"I've got time."

"Okay," Mrs. Lathum suddenly said to get the class's attention. She tucked her clipboard underneath her underarm and said, "Break of with your tutors."

"No you don't," Daniel smiled up at Zack.

He got up from his chair and pushed it in. "I'll have time at lunch."