Looks Don't Matter (Underrise AU)

Looks Don't Matter

Silence spread throughout Snowdin, the wind nothing more than a soft breeze of cold air. Snow layered Snowdin like a sheet of white paper. There wasn't one spot in Snowdin not covered in snow. Everything lay quiet for a moment more before the squeaking of a door opening then closing sounded along with the crushing of monsters stepping into the snowy world. Two skeletons, one darker colored skeleton and the other the typical white walked beside each other, they held hands and their faces were lit up with happiness. The darker skeleton wore mostly white with a dark gray shirt and a black pen along his back while the other wore a black sweatshirt with darker black floof around the sides and back of his neck. He wore a bright red necklace with an orange-amber center, he had light blue eye markings dropping down to his cheeks. The two smiled brightly as they walked towards Waterfall. The darker skeleton turned his head slightly to the white skeleton.

"Hey, Sanzter, do you like your AU?"

He asked as Sanzter turned to him, his smile still present.

*of course doodle!

Sanzter said but Doodle's face darkened with worry.

"No, what I meant was what do you like about your AU?"

Sanzter tilted his head at Doodle before his smile disappeared and he looked up, thinking.

*well, i like that my au doesn't have to deal with a frisk or chara, at the moment at least. i guess i also like that it's a bit peaceful, more than the original, and i like that you're here with me!

Sanzter smiled as he blushed a bit, Doodle flinched before smiling too, they continued to walk as he leaned to Sanzter and gave him a kiss upon his cheek. Sanzter chuckled and blushed more before bringing Doodle closer and giving him a kiss in return upon Doodle's cheek, he winked at Doodle.

*don't think ya can win that easily.

A few moments later and they arrived at Waterfall, they still held hands together as they watched the waterfall.

"It's so nice!"

Doodle said as he took in the look of Waterfall, Sanzter turned to Doodle.

*not as nice as ya, doodle.

Doodle turned to Sanzter with a surprised face, he blushed rainbow as he giggled. Then, Sanzter pulled Doodle closer to him into a hug before he put his teeth to Doodle's, the darker skeleton returned the kiss as they both enjoyed this moment. After a bit, Sanzter broke away as he put his forehead to Doodle.

*you've made my life much better, doodle. thank ya.

Sanzter told him as Doodle smiled.

"I could say the same thing."

Suddenly, bones flew at the two, they came from behind Sanzter and Doodle had seen them. Doodle's eyes widened, causing Sanzter to tilt his head in confusion before Doodle grabbed Sanzter tightly and threw them to the ground, dodging the bones. Sanzter and Doodle hit the ground but Sanzter recognized the bones and the energy he felt from them as they flew past them, he got to his feet quickly and whipped around to see his little brother, Papyrus. Sanzter clenched his teeth, instantly summoning up his blue bone as his white eyes flashed sharp light blue and his eye markings and necklace shard glowed brightly.

*of all the places and times to show your face, bro.

Sanzter growled with a smirk across his face. Papyrus stepped out from the shadows as his own eye markings and eyes glowed amber-orange, a wide grin across his face as he held two orange bones within his hands. Doodle stood beside Sanzter, his pen drawn as his rainbow eyes glowed as well. He opened up a compartment in his pen where multiple pens levitated out, they each had a different color to them as Sanzter and Doodle prepared for battle.