Value Of Life (Aftertale AU)

Value Of Life

RESET

*i'm done.....

RESET

*i don't care anymore....

RESET

*.....

RESET

*nothing matters anymore.....

"SANS? WAKE UP, SANS!"

Papyrus' voice came through the door of the dark room.

"WAKE UP! WE'LL BE LATE TO MEET THE HUMAN!"

Papyrus knocked on the door but no response came back. Papyrus was about to speak once more until he heard Sans' voice behind him down the stairs.

*comin, paps?

Papyrus pouted before running down the stairs and reaching his side.

"DON'T DO THAT AGAIN, BROTHER. HOW LONG WERE YOU STAYING THERE?"

Sans shrugged as they left their house and walked through the snow.

*not that long.

"WELL, NEXT TIME, YOU NEED TO TELL ME BROTHER! WE COULD'VE BEEN LATE TO MEET THE HUMAN! THE GREAT PAPYRUS CANNOT MISS A MEETING WITH THE HUMAN!"

Papyrus smiled as he marched beside Sans who chuckled, but his smile was fake and Papyrus noticed this. But he didn't speak until later on, thinking it was because Sans was lazy and just wanted to go back to sleep. He knew something was off with Sans.

"SANS, WAIT."

Papyrus stopped, causing Sans to stop too and look worriedly to his brother.

*hmm? what is it, paps? i thought you said you didn't want to be late to meet the human?

Sans said as Papyrus looked straight into Sans' eyes, causing him to tilt his head in confusion.

"SANS, I KNOW SOMETHING IS WRONG. WHAT IS IT? YOU HAVEN'T MADE A SINGLE BAD PUN SINCE YOU WOKE UP."

Papyrus frowned worriedly, making Sans look away as he lowered his head.

*.....

"SANS, PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IS WRONG. MEETING THE HUMAN CAN WAIT, I AM WORRIED FOR YOU, BROTHER. IT IS NOT LIKE YOU TO NOT TELL A BAD PUN."

Papyrus said. Sans smiled a bit, his brother knew him so well, and that was dangerous. Sans thought. He didn't want to lie to Papyrus but knew he couldn't tell him anything he knew, it wouldn't be right. He wouldn't be able to process what he would say. Sans just let out a sigh before he smiled more and looked up to his brother.

*it's.....it's just that.....i didn't get a chance to have some of your spaghetti before we left.

Sans said as Papyrus flinched then smiled brightly, puffing his chest out.

"WELL! THAT CAN BE SOLVED EASILY, BROTHER! I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, WILL JUST MAKE YOU SOME OF MY WORLD FAMOUS SPAGHETTI WHEN WE GET BACK HOME!"

Papyrus said as they continued walking. Sans let out a silent sigh as he followed Papyrus, walking beside him.

*too bad..... we won't be getting home today or any time, paps.....

Sans remembered everything. This had all happened too many times to count now. He saw his brother talking with Frisk. Sans didn't have any expression on his face, he knew he couldn't do anything, it wouldn't matter anyway. Then, a moment later, Papyrus turned to dust. Still, nothing. Sans seemed as if he didn't care, and he didn't honestly. It was like a daily routine, but instead, it was EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Chara would RESET. It was incredibly sad and enraging the first few times, but after going through it so many times with it ending up as Chara killing him then RESETting, he knew he couldn't alter anything no matter how hard he tried. He just gave up. Knowing Chara would never choose a Pacifist Run now, he knew that there was nothing to be done other than just give in and let things happen on its own.