Brother (GZtale AU)

Brother

*it's all my fault.....

A skeleton sat alone in a dark, stone room. His back against the wall as he trembled, glimmering white tears trickled down his face. He had pulled his legs up to his chest and gripped his head with his hands, his eyes wide as his black stripes along his eyes flickered light blue here and there.

*those kids, t-they died because of m-me...... it's all my f-fault!

He whimpered. Only the coldness of the dark, stone room accompanied him until, a voice reached out towards him, causing him to lift his head. There stood another skeleton, a slightly darker colored one with a pinkish-gray jacket like his own's. His floof was laced with bright pink as his left eye gazed down at him, glowing pink and yellow. He reached his hand out towards him.

*get up. stop crying and fight back.

He said as he smirked, his own black stripes had tear-like streams flowing down his face as his right eye remained closed.

*i-i can't. it's all my fault t-that they—

He whimpered but the darker skeleton growled and grabbed his hand before yanking him up, forcefully making him stand.

*shut up, stop hurting yourself for something you couldn't control. that's being weak, fight back, ganz.

Ganz looked at him as he stood but once the other skeleton let go of his hand, he looked away.

*i-i c-can't fight back, i don't want to hurt—

Ganz flinched when the darker skeleton snapped at him.

*that's not what i completely meant. you should fight back, to defend yourself and those who you love and want to protect. but also, don't let them step all over you and don't let fear make your decisions.

He said as Ganz listened closely, he had to process those words before he smiled a bit. Ganz wiped his tears away and clenched his hands into fists.

*i'll try!

Ganz said but the other snorted.

*don't try, do only.

He said as Ganz smiled more. He smiled as well as he nodded in approval. He then gestured for Ganz to go towards the open door which led outside with his claw.

*go, ganz. be DETERMINED and stay true to yourself only.

He said as Ganz smiled and started running out of the room, the other skeleton followed and once they reached the outside world, Ganz turned and looked back.

*what ever happens, i will always stay melancholy for you, melancholy.

Ganz told Melancholy who smiled and followed Ganz, even though he didn't have his own two feet. Melancholy felt happy that Ganz was determined and willing to follow what he says to help him.

*i'm just glad you're happy, brother!

Notes: I know that the picture doesn't really match this but whatever. I just love the quote that Melk says to Ganz before disappearing.

UNDERTALE (c) Toby Fox

Art, Ganz, Melancholy Ganz, GZTALE (c) GolzyBlazey (DeviantArt)

Story (c) Me

Visit me on DeviantArt! Ask-Bluestar14