Prologue

It's been 10,000 years since the rebellion. 11,000 since we lost Pink diamond. Yes, it was for the greater good of earth, But it still hurts me to this day... She was my diamond, my friend... I know she was just doing what was good for Homeworld.

If the plan succeeded, we could have gotten more kindergartens made and expand our world. But she didn't know how precious and unique the earth was... She didn't know! She didn't want to know... Just seeing the look on her face!

I wasn't there when Rose did it, but I new and felt everything. I hear her screams all the time. I see fragments of her everywhere! I could have saved her. I could have reasoned with her. Why couldn't she trust me? I was her friend! She could have trusted me! Now her shards are in my hands... I see her crying in pain, i feel myself open my hands to drop her. She cries louder.

"I can't! I'm sorry Pink diamond! My diamond. Tourmaline!"

"Morgan! Morgan, wake up, please! Its just a dream!" I bolt up right, hardly breathing. Feeling Tourmaline hand tighten around mine, I turn to face her. "I'm sorry, did I wake you?" Tourmaline looking concerned, noded. She put her hand on my cheek. "Yes you did, but I'm glad I'm up to help you. Was it the same dream again?" I only noded.

I have been having these crazy nightmares for years. The guilt of losing pink diamond to something I wanted to protect, and she wanted to destroy, its not something that can go away. She was more than just my diamond. She was my friend, and I let her get hurt... Of course Tourmaline doesn't believe that. All she tells me is that it was a sacrifice that had to be made to save Earth. I know that, and if I had to repeat everything from the last 11,000 years, I wouldn't change a thing.

After all, I wouldn't have met her.

Tourmaline was a rebel made and raised on Earth. It's strange, I know. Gems can't be made like humans can, but her moms wanted to raise a gem like the humans raises a child. So one of them used their science skills they had from homeworld, and what they learned from earth, and Tourmaline was "born". Her parents were also rebels. Their names are Peridot and Lapis lazuli. they were a very nice what they call "family", completely different from homeworld customs. But they were very kind to me when I came to Earth.

We met about 150 years ago, when I was sent to check on some gem weapons planted in the earth's core. Of course when I got there, the crystal gems caught me and my ship and grounded me to earth. For a long time I was placed in this place they called a barn. I always stayed in the highest part of that place, not wanting to speak to anyone. I also want privacy. At least up there, if I had any nightmares, no one would hear me. Or so I thought.

One night, I was at my worst. Kicking screaming and nearly fell of the second floor! But, she was there to save me... Tourmaline woke me up, and even though she didn't know why I was like this, she stayed by my side all night. Ever since that night, we can't be torn apart. We are always together. Whether is be for comfort, fun, or even just to hold hands. We fell in love.

Of course with me growing so close to Tourmaline, I started to get to know her "family." Pearl was one I liked to talk to the most. I loved her hard working attitude and her careful planning. She seems to also have a dark past that I will probably never know. But I put that aside. next was Garent. She was... interesting. She is a fusion of a ruby and a sapphire. They love each other so much that they hardly ever separate. Tourmaline talked about that all the time when I was there. She said she can't wait to find someone she loves as much as ruby loves sapphire. Next was Amethyst, boy did she drive me nuts! I mean, she's not a bad person, but I always have valued order and calm fun. However, my dislike aside, she's a fantastic fighter! This boy named Steven was basically the same as Amethyst. He didn't talk to me much though. He was a very sweet boy; but, he just seemed like he was trying to hide something from me. After a while, he began to trust me. We became pretty good pals. Sometimes Tourmaline would get jealous, but she always remembered how much I have grown to care for her. No one could ever replace her. And finally, I got to talk to Peridot and Lapis. Peridot spoke for Lapis most of the time, but I still got to get to know them both. Peridot was very smart and silly. But she always had Lapis to get her in check if she got out of hand. These two gems were made for each other.

Eventually, I had to return home. If I didn't tell the diamonds about what's going on, they would send more gems to earth to check. The crystal gems didn't need gems form homeworld to mess up their family. Of course I was going to miss Tourmaline, and the crystal gems, but I knew I had to go back and cover for them. Peridot was nice enough to fix my ship so I could have a comfortable ride home. I said my goodbyes to the crystal gems, saving Tourmaline for last. All I did was look at her and we both burst into tears. I ran and hugged her, holding her so tight I thought I might "poof" her. After awhile, she pulled back and kissed my forehead. "Stay safe, ok?" I smiled and gave her a nod. I kissed her hand and began to make way to my ship. But then I heard a slight cough.

It was then, that Lapis spoke for the first time I have been on earth. "Go Tourmaline, I know you want to. The gems have discussed it. We all like and trust Morganite, not as much as you, but enough to know that we can leave you with her. Plus, you two were made to be together! So go, be with her, start your new life and family. We trust that you both will protect the crystal gems and the Earth." She smiled at us, just her smile alone gave me warmth. I thought she only smiled like that when she was with Peridot. But I guess it's was her showing her happiness. With my little interaction with her, I have learned that she hasn't had too much of it. This alone is what brought me in tears and made me vow that i would protect Tourmaline family, and now mine.

And now, here we are. Tourmaline moved into my house, and we have lived together ever since, protecting the crystal gems and Earth. Times are tough, and we don't always agree on things, but we work it out together. I just hope we can keep the act up long enough to find a way to save earth for good.

******************************************************************************************************

Hello everyone! This is my first story that I have written! basically this chapter was to give the new reader some knowledge on what is the greatest show on television! *cough Steven Universe cough *

One thing you will need to know, that I didn't explain in the chapter, is gems have a body, but it's not like a humans. It's a manifestation of light to form what looks and acts like a human body. Which means they can get hurt. Their body can be destroyed, But as long as the gem is unharmed, their body can reform. This is called Poofing.

Anyway I hope you all like it... Please vote and comment on the story! Helpful advice is welcomed :) I wonder what the lovely couple will face in the next chapter!

See you soon. Xp