one

Author's Notes: Edit! This is it! After promising to update it for more than a year, I finally completed it!. So sorry for the long wait. I had completed almost all the chapters for quite some time now but had held off updating the last chapter due to work and life getting in the way but here it is! Enjoy!

___________________________________________________________________________

My name is Cassidy Ramirez, or you can call me Cass. I could say that my life has been normal. Growing up as an only child, I tended to be by myself most of my life. Don't get me wrong, I had friends. I don't have any problems getting along with other kids my age when I was still in school and even with my colleagues when I started working in the call center industry, but I much enjoyed the time when I can be by myself, wrapped up in my own world.

That didn't stop me, at least, from having a relationship. Well, at least, that's how I had called it then. I had my first boyfriend when I was still in college. He was a guy that I met online from one of those online games and even though we never met in person, our communication had been daily, from chatting in-game or calling each other when we're not in front of the computer.

My friends didn't call it a proper relationship because of the long distance and considering that anybody can be who they want to be online, there was a possibility that it was even something that wasn't serious at all. For me, it was though. So, I stayed with the "relationship" for a year until it just... stopped. No calls, no texts, no chats in-game... nada... He hasn't even logged in his character anymore. I admit, I was sad, but I moved on and maybe deep inside, I always knew that it was never really going to work out.

My second relationship ended the same way. The only difference was, we were already in the same city. While I was starting out with my career, we had started dating. He would visit almost every day and for a time there, I did think that maybe this could be it, that things would be serious for us but then... he ghosted me. No calls, no texts, no chats... nada. I knew where he lived and I could easily just confront him, but I didn't and that's when I knew that even though I cared for him... I did not have it in me to fight for our relationship and since then... I never really bothered with my dating life anymore.

Maybe a few glances and flirtations here and there but nothing close to a beginning of a relationship. Instead, I focused on my work.

After my mom remarried ten years after my dad died, she not only moves to a different house, but she also moved to a different country altogether with her new husband, leaving me in charge in our home that I grew up with. My mom had talked about selling the place but since it was just a fifteen-minute drive to my workplace, I had told her that I'd take care of it instead, which she did not have a problem with.

So that became my routine, work-home-work-home (maybe some occasional partying here and there) ... just an endless cycle of my day-to-day life for almost four years now but it was something that I didn't have any problem at all because I like what I was doing.

I started out in customer service, taking in calls to assist our customers until just after a year, I got promoted as a Quality Analyst and two years after, became a Senior Quality Analyst. I was no longer just listening and evaluating calls, but I was also tasked on doing data analysis and reporting and had to work with several Senior Quality Analysts from other branches of our company from different parts of the country.

Since we were a country composed of more than seven thousand islands and travelling just to discuss our findings was not going to work for us, meeting virtually was our way of communication. Every week, I had one meeting that I started to attend with my fellow Senior Analysts for a new compliance reporting and being the only one assigned to work on it in our Site, it became a problem that the only people that I could reach out to if I had any questions, were a few hundred miles away and even if I could communicate with the other Analysts, they were on the same page as me. As the reporting was fairly new, everyone was still trying to sort things out so I decided to reach out to the only person that I knew could help me with my inquiries, the Senior Analyst that was leading the meetings. His name was John Carl Pelaez, but he likes to call himself Cal.