Chapter 3 - Friend or Foe

"Hmm.. You're stronger than I thought."

"...Your fault for belittling me."

I swiped off the blood at the side of my mouth as I advanced towards him with my knife.

"I haven't finished my sentence yet. You're stronger than I thought but you won't beat me. I'm a veteran in the field of killing."

He took me by surprise as he suddenly moved behind me and knocked me in the neck. I spat out more blood as tumbled to the ground, breathing heavily.

"Surrender?"

"Over my dead body."

I tried to get back up but my body didn't allow me and I fell back to the ground.

"Just surrender. I don't want to hurt a pretty lady like you anymore."

"Shut up. Who the hell are you anyway?"

"I'm Kim Rowoon from DAR. Code name Raging Hormones."

What a stupid code name.

"DAR? Aren't you one of those lab idiots?"

He furrowed his brows as he took off his mask.

"How could you compare me to them?! There's no way someone as hot as me would work for them. DAR is on a whole different level."

"Whatever."

"Well, I'm here to ask you to join us. You're not one of those lab rats right? Join us to reset this world."

"I don't need help. I can reset this world on my own plenty fine."

"If you didn't notice, you don't really have a choice."

There was a knife pointed on my neck and an arrogant smirk plastered on his - well I hate to admit it - handsome face.

"....."

"?"

".... Fine.."

"I can't hear youuu~"

"Don't try my patience."

---
A/N

Hi guys! Here's an update, hope you'll enjoy and show your support by voting and leaving a comment 😄

A webtoon that I really love:

Siren's Lament