Chapter 6 - Flashback

Everywhere we went, people called us lovebirds. All those teasing made me really happy - it made me think that we would one day end up together, become a couple and do all the things that lovers do.

It was all glitter and gold, but then things started to change. The world started to change. We were forced to change.

People started killing people off. Vengeance and hatred started building up. Misery started playing itself out like a sick melody.

---

"After I kill off every single one of you, I'll be rich!"

The man in front of me laughed maniacally as he waved the sharp butterfly knife in my face. All my other family members were dead, blood pooling the ground. Tears ran down my cheeks and I wished with all my might that this was all just a bad dream, a nightmare, but it wasn't.

The world has changed, people had changed and I was the only one who hadn't changed. I was still being that sweet little girl that everybody loved, now the one everybody wanted to kill. It was all my fault. I thought that I could be happy, but really there was just no way.

I closed my eyes as I resigned to my fate. The knife never did reach me. Instead, I heard a thud and I see the murderer on the ground, with blood staining his shirt.

"Are you okay?"

I looked up to see the love of my life, with a blood stained knife in his hand and blood on his face. He knelt in front of me and hugged me tightly in his arms.

"I'm sorry I didn't come sooner."

At his words, I sobbed loudly.

He was someone gentle and kind, someone who never resorted to violence and yet, he just killed someone for me.

For me, he had stained himself with the blood of others.

"..I'm sorry.. I'm really sorry, Chani."

A/N

Hi guys! Sorry for not updating for so long. I have been having health issues lately so I didn't really had much inspiration for writing. Hope you enjoyed this short flashback chapter with Chani! <3