Chapter 1

Isabelle popularly know as Izzy was as simple as can be.

She cooked and cleaned and tried to be happy, but there was a part of her that knew that it was not to be.

Her happiness had been snatched long ago, and all she was doing now was waiting till the end of her chapter.

There was no happily ever after for her. No prince to rescue her. Her heart still ached whenever she remembered her lost love, when she remembers the dark past she had so desperately tried to leave behind.

He was supposed to take her in his arms and take her riding into the sunset, but sunset had quickly turned into sundown and now all she could see was darkness.

Such a bully the evil sorceress Vida had proven to be over the past Chapter; always sending a troll, an ogre , or an entire team of imps to destroy her home, her life and her friends.

Izzy had even stopped living amongst the villagers because she knew the amount of destruction the evil sorceress's minions could cause and she did not want to bring any harm to the villagers that were kind enough to let her stay.

If only the sorceress's minions were all she was running from. There was still that other matter.

The matter that kept her from making a home.

"Izzy you should stay away from the Windows", Tip ran for Izzy, pulling the hem of her long purple gown, putting all his tiny muscles into the pull.

Izzy smiled at the little guy.

"It's fine Tip", Izzy said but walked away from the window where she had been staring off into her imagination, imagining that her Prince was somewhere out there alive and well.

"You shouldn't put yourself through this", Tip had stopped pulling at her dress and had scurried unto Izzy's  makeshift bed made out of bales of hay and an old cloth she had been gifted by the town's tailor.

Even though her life was now makeshift, Isabelle had done something with it. She found a way of going about her daily routine without disturbing the town people.

"Like I had said Tip, it is absolutely fine", she assured the little furry animal with a fine coat of brown fur that Izzy could not just resist brushing her long lean fingers through, making the animal purr under her touch.

"What is going on here?", Pip yawned from his usual afternoon nap. He raised his head from the basket the florist had given them which was now used as Tip and Pip's makeshift bed, also filled with hay that the stable boy was kind enough to give to them.

"Is something going on?", He asked again stretching out his little arms and legs with his eyes still half closed.

"Go back to sleep Pip, nothing is going on", She assured him, urging him to go back to sleep, but the furry animal would not have it. He climbed out of the basket and walked to Isabelle's bed, lying down on the fair maiden's lap.

"It has been one chapter since the curse and for every page of that one chapter Vida has hunted me down trying to eliminate me or kidnap me for her little games and I have run all the way", she sighed as she pet her two best friends, "when will it end?"

"Probably when she ends your chapter", Pip blurted out and Tip elbowed him for being insensitive to Izzy feelings, but Izzy understood and deep down she knew that Pip was right.

Vida would stop at nothing and Isabelle didn't even know why.

Vocab

chapter- year/ life

                            Page- day