Chapter 16: Reality At Its Best

VOTE IF YOU ENJOY! 0:)))))))))))))))))))))

~Bound to your side I'm trapped in silence. Just a posession. ~You send me to a broken state, where I can't take the pain just long enough. ~So go on infect me, go on and scare me to death. ~Tell me I asked for it, tell me, I'll never forget. ~Some sort of sick satisfaction, you get from mind f*cking! ~The darkest corners of my mind are yours. That's where you live. That's where you breath. ~Condemn me to live, condemn me to lie inside. I am dead.

**********************************************************************************************************

Ahriman: Devil; evil spirit- myth name of the god of darkness, death and destruction.

***********************************************************************************************************

I was beyond exhausted when I slammed the door shut of my apartment. It was only four in the afternoon, and I was dead-beat.

Whimp.

My muscles were all stiff and sore and my eyes were strained and felt swollen. Shakily, I wondered over to the fridge and practically pulled it apart looking for something that wasn't cooked, or contained multiple grams of sugar to please my ridiculous and unfairly-fast metabolism.

I threw a raw steak onto the counter and gulped down half a massive container of sugary Fanta with multiple sighs.

"You'd think after two thousand and something years I would have been use to a normal, sleepless night," I spoke out loud.

You'd think after five days, you'd lay off the artificially flavored drinks, Ahriman commented.

I crunched the plastic container in my hand. "Do you really think I'm in the mood?"

We both know why you're so exhausted, and you should be. You spend all of your time hiding, and prowling around the city like a homeless cat. You should rest and relax, you undeniably need it.

"Resting is for the dead, and relaxing is for yoga," I hissed out under my breath.

Have I been wrong before?

"Plenty of times," I replied easily, rapidly trying to think up an example. There were times I enjoyed the company of the wise voice, then times I wanted to rip it to shreds with my teeth.

Name one, Ahriman challenged.

I frowned, an example didn't exist.

You are going to break if you do not speak to someone about your emotions.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I mumbled, staring down the slice of raw steak on the counter, debating whether to just shove the entire thing into my mouth.

I'm talking about how you've been weakening yourself by always protecting the girl. The Angel's will talk to her again, it's only a matter of time. Gabriel will--

"Gabriel will never speak to her again if it's the last thing I do. Soon I will be the only Angel, Fallen, or Light, that will ever lay a hand on her. I just need to--"

It doesn't matter if you gain her trust and have her under your wing like a little pet. Gabriel and John will give her the answers you apparently aren't capable of saying!

"I'm capable of saying anything I want, and I can do whatever I want to do," I said bitterly, leaning over the counter and continuing to glare at the steak. "It's a matter of how far I'm willing to test her."