A Walking Disaster

I made my way back to the hotel through the near complete darkness of the forest. It's weird to call this area a forest, though. It's more like a grove of trees that wedge itself between the highways, stopping just short of the shopping district near where the hotel was.

I still couldn't shake what Masky said to me about master. There is no way what he said about my memories being wiped just to fit in some dumb mold was true. Right? No way, I mean, he has so many followers that would do anything for him, why would he need to bother grooming me? It would be a waste.

I got out of the wooded area and crossed the highway to the Motel 6. At least it's easier to spot cars coming at night and not many people were out. It's just as quiet and lonely in the motel. Walking past the lobby, but noticed something new that stopped me in my tracks. Angelo was slouching in a stiff armchair in the corner, their eyes hazing out and threatened to close any second.

"Hey Angelo," I beckoned. They jumped and looked around before noticing me.

"H-hey, Toby" they greeted lethargically.

I came closer and sat on the couch next to the armchair. As soon as I sat down my leg decided to stomp around as my arm tensed. My hand balling into a fist and hitting my leg as my back twisted, popping my spine.

"What the heck are you doing out here by yourself? Is your sister around?" they looked down at their hands in their lap.

"She's being an airheaded dumbass and just so absent-minded now. She won't stop coughing and she won't stop fucking, falling asleep. I'll be trying to talk about something serious but when I look over it was like she didn't even care. I'm so sick of it. She just sits there like a dumbass and scribbling some stupid drawings of trees and a fucking weird stick figure. I just can't deal with her. I'm sick of all the babysitting I have to do. I, just, don't want to..."

They trailed off, holding their hands together and bringing their arms close to their body. Angelo had been so level-headed those few times I saw them well, except in the parking lot when they arrived. They've also been careful not to give details about anything really. They just seemed so...vulnerable.

"So, what are going to do?" I asked, but they just shrugged in response. "Are you just going to stay in the lobby?"

"I don't know I guess," they snapped, voice panic and hushed.

We sat in silence. Well silent except for my beeping noises. The coughing echoed uncomfortably through lobby. It's pretty late and the emptiness made even the smallest noise boom. Angelo just kind of sat there with one knee pulled to their chest. Their eyes stared off into some unknown corner, waves of fury clear behind their dark pupils. Was it really such a big deal that the sister wasn't paying so close attention? Then again, if it were me, and I was that close to someone, I'd probably want them around me at all times. So I guess I got no place to talk. Either way, I'm hungry and they have money.

"Hey, you wanna hit the kangaroo?" I suggested. They glared at me from under their eyelashes. That look kinda makes my crotch tingle but I'll ignore that.

"Don't you have the food I gave you?"

"Yeah, but I want to save that." They stared at me a minute before shaking their head in defeat.

"Fine, sure. But maybe we should go to a place with real food,"

"Cool!" I jumped up and grabbed their hand. They gave a high-pitched, slightly sexual sounding, gasp as I yanked them up. Why they do that? That's not helping my tingle crotch.

"C'mon, there's a Subways behind the hotel."

"It's kind of late though. Will they still be open?"