TWO.

CHAPTER TWO: Low Gravity Idiots

"Take chances, make mistakes. That's how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave."

____

____

It had been over a year and a half in the skybox for Sebastian Limas. He hadn't talked to anyone but himself and the gaurds the entire time. The girl, he now knew as Octavia Blake, had her cell across from him and he would always make faces to her from across the long hallway to make her smile just a bit but other then that, no one had visited him. Not his parent's, classmates, even Murphy. He had seen Octavia's brother sometimes come to Octavia's cell and hover near his, but Sebastian had always pretended to be asleep.

Sebastian was lying on the cold concrete without a shirt for the past hour when the cell glass slid open abruptly. He glanced up lazily before looking back up at the ceiling. After he had attempted to fight every guard that came into the cell, they had created a little slit in the glass for them to shove plates of food and other necessities in and out of the cell and never enter. But Sebastian guessed today was the day he was to be floated. He had been waiting for this day, wanting it to o happen sooner to save him from the boredom.

"Prisoner 478 against the wall." The guard yelled, pointing a gun to him and Sebastian rolled his eyes before standing up and slowly making himself flat against the wall. Sebastian had always thought he would be pressed up against the wall in a different circumstance.

The guard quickly latched a thick metal bracelet onto his right wrist and stuck a needle into his arm harshly. They could've hit something vital for all they care.

"Okay, hey! Maybe you can loosen the bracelet a little? I mean, I am going to get floated, the least you can do is fulfill a dying man's wish." Sebastian let out with a groan.

"Just walk, Limas." The guard said tiredly, pushing him out the cell as soon as the large shirt was back over Sebastian's head. Sebastian was about to make a smart retort, but his mouth snapped shut at the scene in front of him. It was utter chaos. Prisoners in every cell were being let out but resisting the guards. 

"Wow, so all of us turned eighteen today?" Sebastian asked dumbly to the guards only to be ignored and have a syringe filled with a murky yellow substance plunged into his neck. "Hey, buddy! What the hell was that?"

The guard looked at him in pity, "You're going to earth. Good luck." And Sebastian went limp.

____

A loud beep brought Sebastian out of unconsciousness. The first thing he noticed was about ten more layers of clothing on him and loud shouts coming from all sides. He groaned softly, shifting his body from the painful position it had been in. He was strapped to a plastic seat with a belt that hung way to loosely on his body, Sebastian could easily get out of he really wanted and it was an alarming thought.

"You're going to earth, good luck." Sebastian remembered the guard saying. His mind raced as he tried to figure out what was happening. All his conclusions led to the drug that was forced into his veins. He had to be high as fuck to actually think he was going to Earth. He let out a small laugh at the thought.

"Prisoners of the Ark, hear me now." Jaha's annoying voice sounded on a television above him, making all the voices stop. And when did all these people appear? "You've been given a second chance, and as your chancellor, it is my hope that you see this as not just a second chance for you, but a second chance for all of us, indeed for making mankind itself. We have no idea what is waiting for you down there. If the odds of survival were better, we would've sent others. Frankly, we're sending you because your crimes have made you expendable."

"Your dad's a dick, Wells." A voice sounded suddenly and Sebastians head snapped up, he knew that voice. Sebastian's eyes scanned the ship and landed on Murphy. His Murphy. And it all made sense now, the reason why Murphy had never visited was because he was also trapped in the skybox.

"Those crimes will be forgiven, your records wiped clean." Jaha said. They couldn't possibly think that sending all these prisoners down to a radiation filled earth was a blessing. They were still killing everyone. "The drop site has been chosen carefully. Before the last war, Mount Weather was a military base built within the mountain. It was to be stocked with enough non-perishables to sustain three-hundred people for up to two years."

"Spacewalk bandits strikes again!"

"Go Finn!"

Prisoner's voices sounded throughout the drop ship. Sebastian rolled his eyes at the name, no wonder big headed douchebag Finn Collins was there with him. His eyes almost rolled out of his head as he spotted Finn floating around like the seatbelts weren't there for a reason.

"Your dad floated me after all." Finn said out loud, making everyone laugh like it was the funniest joke they've heard.

"You should strap in before the parachutes deploy." Wells replied, staring ahead and ignoring Finns jab. A bunch of other people Sebastian recognized as idiots unbuckled themselves and started floating around. 

"Hey, you two! Stay out if you want to die." A blonde girl across him warned.

"I agree with Jaha jr. and Barbie. Not that I wouldn't want you losers to die while we fly through space and crash down to our radiation filled death." Sebastian piped up, watching as a kid did a backflip.

"Mount Weather is life. You must locate these supplies immediantly. Your one responsibility is to stay alive." At this point, no one was listening anymore except Sebastian, Barbie and Jaha jr. Everyone else was either catching up with each other, making snide comments about Jaha or floating around.

"Hey, what did you get in here for?" Sebastian heard a boy next to him ask. He had shaggy hair and wide eyes, someone who Sebastian somewhat remembered from before. 

"Fought a guard." He mumbled, gasping sharply as the whole drop ship suddenly started to rattle and shake. All the prisoners floating around knocked into walls and each other as the ship departed from the Ark. Pipes on the walls were coming undone and sparks emitted from everywhere. 

Sebastians head snapped back at the force the drop ship was travelling, he tried to grip down on the seat in fear of himself escaping the loose seat belt. "Murphy!" He shouted, if Sebastian was going to die he had to at least wish his best friend good-bye.

"We aren't dying, 'Bastian. Don't be a dumbass." He replied almost instantly, and that was Murphy for you. Even in the worst situations he didn't give one fuck.

Sebastian's arm had stray sparks flying at it, and he tried to focus on the burning sensation instead of his oncoming death. When he imagined dying, he always thought they would just float him. It was quick and easy, but maybe these peoples crimes were far worse and going down to Earth was the greatest punishment.

As screams rang out through the ship, the only thing Sebastian could think was how he wanted death to come sooner.