NINE.

CHAPTER NINE: Dead AF

____

Sebastian straightened his spine, pulling his jacket tighter around his shoulders as he made his way to the drop ship with a bottle of alcohol in hand. He was never one to drink, the taste of alcohol was disgusting and burnt his throat raw for days after, but he knew Monty and Finn would appreciate it.

"Smooth," Finn coughed, taking a swig of the liquor. "Aw, little boy Seb can't drink with us?" He chuckled, lightly pushing him over. Sebastian was a little younger than most of the 100, not by that much, but people always liked to bring it up.

"Disgusting. Love it." Octavia coughed, the audible gulp of liquor making Sebastian cringe. He could practically feel the burning by just watching them. She shoved the bottle back into his hands, urging it towards his rosy lips. "C'mon, baby boy. Just take a little."

Sebastian stared at the bottle clasped in his hands. Alcohol did take away some of the stress the earth brought. Maybe a little sip wouldn't hurt him too much. But as the bottle touched his lips, a voice called out from behind.

"Can I, uh, get a hit of that?"

All four delinquent's heads snapped up at the raspy voice that had echoes throughout the drop ship. The previously unconscious boy had his head tilted up and a dazed look in his eyes. But he had also been smiling.

 "Jasper!" Octavia shouted, bounding over to the boy. Monty climbed over multiple boxes, Finn and Sebastian had let a smile break through as they watched Jasper's weak head tilt.

"Let's start with the, soft stuff." Finn smiled, bringing a cup of water up to the boy's lips and helping him tilt his head back just a little more. All of them had grown an attachment to Jasper throughout the entire time of watching him in pain.

"Was that a dream, or did I just get speared?" Jasper groaned, looking around dazedly.

"You'll have a very impressive scar to prove it." Clarke tells them, climbing up the last rung of the ladder through the hatch.

"My savior." Jasper smiled, looking up at the blonde.

"Thank you for not dying. I don't think I could've taken that today." Clarke muttered, a sheepish smile making it's way across her face.

"I'll try not to die tomorrow too, if that's okay." Jasper told them, hand tightening on both Octavia and Monty's. And they had to cherish this mll moment of peace and happiness that finding out  friend will survive brought. Because the next day, there would be the opposite.