Happily Ever After

Ces: I'll just say this once. I never thought One Last Time will be so popular that it just needed to have sequel. Jesus. You guys are stubborn so here it is! *shoves this on your face*

Savor it.

!! If you haven't read One Last Time, well, I recommend for you to read it first for the full blown feels. !!

*=*

Happily Ever After

Five years after.

They were happy.

They were satisfied.

They were loved.

She loved him dearly, feed him, comfort him. He loved her dearly, dress her, kiss her. They were a perfect couple for the public to see.

Yes, there were sour times. They will have an argument. They sleep in different rooms. They don't come home. They shout and fight. This won't stop unless someone will apologize, most of the time it's the husband who's the loser. But it's fine.

This is perfectly fine.

Pacifica waited for her husband to get home by eleven as always. She doesn't get it why does he always get home late? Even though, he's just an office worker? He's not some journalist who needs to stay at the office to print and stuff. She never questioned, she trusts him.

She clenched her phone tightly. This is getting a bit troublesome. She thought, sighing and played with her hair. She doesn't mind staying up late at all. More or less, she's used to it.

But that doesn't mean it's fine for her to wait so late like this.

Her eyes lingers at the food wrapped up at the other side of the table. The food is cold... The food that she always makes for him gone cold again, as usual. She sighed heavily and looked at the time.

"It's past eleven!" She exclaimed, standing up from her seat and opening her phone to call Dipper. It is already twelve.

The endless rings of the phone came and she hated it. She worry too much and she wanted to trust him. Yet why she couldn't just stay still?

I am his wife after all. This is my job. She convinced herself, pushing the dirty thoughts out of her head.

Finally, he picked up almost for almost like a year. She didn't even bothered waiting for his greeting or excuses.

"Dipper! Where are you? It's already twelve and you're not home!" She exclaimed, trying to sound concerned and worried but anger is topping those two.

The other man in the line sighed, exhausted. "Hon. Please wait, okay? There was an accident so it's traffic." He replied.

Pacifica rolled her eyes. "You could have turn to a different road."

And here we go again... Dipper leaned back, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Look, dear, I'll be back, I promise, okay? Just go to bed without me." He said in a rush.

The line is moving so he has to drive or else the cars behind him will crush him. "I have to go, okay? I'll see you soon. Go to bed. Love you!" He exclaimed and ended the call.

"Dipper! Do-" Her words didn't reached.

Pacifica gripped on her phone and leaned back at the chair. Her palm in her forehead, trying to calm herself down. Why does he have to be so dense? It doesn't even make any sense to her. She understand his state. But she can't seem to let herself chill unless Dipper is safe and sound here at home, which is wrong for her but it feels so right for her.