Chapter 4: Torture

Morning, in Hell.

Flare and the other peasants worked. Lucifer arranged his plans with Rulferd. Things were ordinary... for now. The peasants still shunned Flare but never cared. Flare was designing something new instead of working. Whatever she was doing was for Lord Lucifer. However, a peasant came up to her and slapped it out of her hand, the design shattered in million pieces.

The peasant yelled at her. "Get back to work or we're all dead!"

Flare stared at the pieces. "Your not the boss of me." She slowly looked up. "..and I surely don't have to work."

"Stop being selfish.. you can't just sit around here and not work! Just because you've danced with the Lord Lucifer doesn't mean anything!"

"That's not how I'm acting, Rugrat.. I've spent eternity working while the rest of you take breaks. It's my turn! I'm not a machine that's powered by batteries! I used to be human, too, you know!"

"I don't care. Now get up.. or I'll make you."

"If you dare try to,... I'll bite your fingers off.." Flare threatened the peasant the best way she knew how.

"Go ahead.." The peasant pushed her away from the walls and near the machine they've been using to make the Lucifer Statue.

Flare skid from her feet and then fell forward, grabbing onto a stick from the machine. She growled under her breathe. Her body jumped up. Next thing the Peasant knew, their fingers were bitten off. All ten of them. "I told you.. I will."

The peasant sucked in their pain. The rest of peasants rushed over to see what's going on. But, once again, Flare was hated.

Flare still didn't care. She showed them the middle finger and went to find her King.

Her King, Lucifer, was still with Rulferd. More business talk. Flare would interrupt their conversation by walking into the room. She had a sad look to her face. Lucifer and Rulferd noticed her coming in. Immediately, they hid the plans.

Lucifer spoke in confusion. "Sunset rose, what bothers you?"

"One of the peasants... everyday it's the same thing, My King." Flare said. She paused in the middle of the room. Her eye gaze was to the floor. "..this time, destroyed a gift I made for you and pushed me into the machine we're using to build your statue."

Rulferd was in utter shock. He didn't know that the two were a thing. "That is just surely wrong. Honestly. Was it Arnold who did this?"

"Yes. It was.." Flare replied. She wanted to cry. But not in front of Rulferd. She knew better than that. Really.

"I'll give him something he deserves. Don't worry, My Queen." Lucifer got angry. He didn't enjoy seeing this to his darling queen. Especially when he just started to learn how to love someone.

Flare went towards her king. She wrapped her arms around his muscular body tightly. "A more reason to hate me... that I am loving you, Lord Lucifer."

Lucifer sigh. His red body became fire from his horns. He knew just what to do to that Arnold. "I see.. don't worry it'll be all over soon."

"I hope so, Milord." Flare said. She ended her sorrowful tearing.

Moments later, Lucifer had requested everyone to the Caverns of Torture. There, something will be done. Flare and Rulferd was also there, watching by the sidelines. Lucifer seemed taller now. Much taller, in fact.

A loud roar overcame Lord Lucifer's voice. "Peasant, fooling peasants! Today you'll be tortured by my hand, some of you.. Who dares to speak out of turn will be extra tortured." Lucifer can surely be seen steaming. Everyone knew he was angry. But why?

The outspoken peasant from the beginning did the same thing. "Why is thee so upset? Is it for the cost of your foolish and fake Queen of yours?" He snickered to himself.

"Why think that?" Lucifer replied. "If so, it'll be the cost of your forty-fifth death."

The peasant smiled devilishly. "High and mighty, Lord Lucifer." He said it very sarcastically. "Why fall for someone like her? She's just... an annoyance."

"Is that so, Sinner?" Lucifer replied in a mature manor. He folded his arms roughly and orderly. "Annoyance is my specialty."

"Is it really, Lord?"

"It is." Lucifer walked up to the fool who had outspoken, grabbed them by the neck and dragged them into a cage. "You see, Peasant, if you knew Flare quite well,... You would be able to judge. No. Not even then. She, is no Peasant like you." He threw the peasant inside, locking the entrance. "Flare is a Queen. An outstanding one."

The peasant fell onto a chair, being strapped inside tightly. He couldn't move. Not the slightest. One struggle, the straps will get tighter until his wrists snaps. The peasant could feel his skin blister. "Outstanding, hmm..?" They said between their teeth from their pain. "That's a load of..."

Lucifer interrupted him by casting lions out to scratch and rip the peasant's skin off. "Of course you won't understand. Your too self focused." The lions deep clawed the peasant until they felt bones. Lucifer smiled pleasantly.

The peasant tighten their teeth, showing their true strength. "I do understand.. She's not meant to be loved!"

"She is. Flare is like all of you. However, she is also not." Lucifer threw in all the evil animals in Earth, Hell and Heaven.

The creatures started getting more internal and external organs out of the peasant's body. The peasant screamed in agony. The screams gave everyone else, the peasants, goosebumps. Lucifer turned to the others. He stared at them.

Lucifer spoke. "Treat her poorly again, and suffer the same fate.. Next time probably won't be just by my hands alone." He approached his queen and escorted her out the cavern. Rulferd followed them, to insure nothing bad happens.

The outspoken peasant stayed in that cage for 10 days. Left with vicious animals to torment him.