Chapter 14

By the time the rest of the group had arrived back , Nano had left . Alex repeated his message to them , and they nodded .

“What's it like , living with a load of cameras ?” Sam asked curiously .

Jack smiled . “It's fantastic , but annoying when they catch you -”

“Not in front of the kids !” Rian yelled . Jack , Alex and Zack burst out laughing .

“I don't think I want to know ...” I muttered , catching Sam's eye . She raised an eyebrow and nodded .

“You really don't” Zack agreed , still smiling , “Good memories , though ...”

Jack sniggered , and Alex caught his eye and began laughing with them .

“Anyway” Rian said , seeming eager to change the subject , “Does anyone have any plans for tomorrow ?”

“Me and Sam are going bowling “ Jack said .

“Does anyone else want to come ?” Sam offered .

Pommie and Rian agreed to go with them , but Zack and Charles refused .

“I'm bringing Charles on a tour of the studio” Zack said .

“What are we doing ?” I asked Alex . He rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly .

“It wasn't my idea” He said quickly , “So don't blame me … But my mom – she , eh , wants to meet you .”

“Oh” I said , “Oh .

Jack laughed . “Don't worry , Hazel , Izzie's nice .”

“Don't call my mom Izzie !” Alex yelled suddenly , punching Jack in the arm . Jack squeaked , and clutched it .

“Sissies “ Zack muttered , smiling a little . Rian caught his eye and laughed , before turning to the rest of us and asking - “ Anyone want curry ?”

“Yes please “ Charles said .

“Yeah !” Sam agreed .

“Thanks “ I told him .

“Yeah , I'd like some too” Rian said , “Alex – to the kitchen !”

Alex groaned , but flopped of his couch and trudged into the other room .

“He's the only one that can cook” Rian explained .

We ate our dinner while playing an old Monopoly Jack found in the living room .

“Dibs on the hat !” He yelled , snatching it before anyone else could .

The game went on for several hours , but eventually Rian won . Since he was the banker , everyone thought that he had cheated and began demanding a rematch .

“We can do it in the morning “ Rian said, “Right now , you lot need to go home , and I need to sleep .”

Alex and Zack agreed with him , although both Jack and Sam grumbled on their way to the door .

“I would have trounced him if he hadn't cheated “ Sam complained . Jack laughed , “You and me both , kid .”

After they left , Alex brought me upstairs .

“And don't worry about tomorrow” He said , “My mom's been dying to meet you , she;s so excited about having a – kind of – daughter . And my dad is really cool , trust me . You'll like them both .”