Morning

John and Sherlock started to fall into a daily routine of getting up, readying themselves in the bathroom while breakfast was on the stove and a kettle of hot water ready for tea, setting out their clothes for the day before going to get their kids up and ready for the day as well and to send them off to school.

It really wasn't the life Sherlock or John really envisioned they'd ever have, especially with each other, but it was heaven and they wouldn't have it any other way with one another or any other way with their kids.

Mornings were hectic, especially the particular hellish days when they had to brush out the unruly curls of their children, sitting them down on the floor of the sitting room as the detective would have a hair tie clenched between his lips and brushing out the curls of their daughter as John would run a brush through their son's hair until it was socially acceptable.

"There has to be an easier way to do this." Sherlock would moan about, brushing out knot after knot as he tried his best to be gentle to his daughter's scalp. With John giggling next to him, he finished the child's hair and neatly tied it up in a ponytail before she scurried off to play with her toys before they had to leave.

"It's not my fault they inherited those curls of yours." John retorted, finishing their son's hair as he let him go to play for a little bit. Sherlock scoffed and blew a low hanging curl out of his face as he rested his chin in his palm with John giggling again next to him. The detective rolled his eyes at his husband before playfully hitting his arm and getting up to tend to the tea and get ready for the day.

John ran a hand through his sandy hair before sighing and going into the bedroom to get dressed before his husband. Changing out of his pajama shirt, he caught a glimpse of himself in the full-length mirror and truly looked at everything he was. He mostly gained back his old body before getting pregnant with Hamish; firm with a little bit of pudge here and there. He smirked before running his index finger over his C-Section scar and was quickly reminded of the difficulties he had with his daughter. She truly was a miracle and a blessing to him and his husband.

He awakened himself of his self-hypnotization with a broad smile upon his lips to finish pulling his shirt on over his head and to start pulling on his trousers as well. Tripping over himself as he pulled on his socks, he came back out to the kitchen as he saw his detective whistling away and flipping an omelet in a large pan while the children waited patiently at the table for their breakfast.

"Omelets? Last time you made those I found shredded cheese in your hair and burnt egg stuck to the ceiling." John snorted. Sherlock slowed his whistle and pretty much stopped altogether, smiling and chuckling before pulling his husband over by his waist and kissing him hard on the lips. He pulled back and sprinkled a light dusting of cheese in his short hair as that resulted in a playful hit across the detective's chest.

"William! I have to go to the office today!" John ruffled his hair as he ran to the bathroom and did his best to fix it with the detective laughing in the kitchen and the kids laughing as well. John gave Sherlock a look that could've killed before growling and fixing his hair one last time.

"Papa's pretty funny isn't he?" He heard Sherlock mutter to the children, setting their breakfasts in front of them as they nodded their heads and giggled at the glare John gave the detective.

"Yeah, I suppose papa is pretty funny isn't he?" John said smoothly, leisurely strolling over to Sherlock as the detective was weary about what his blogger was about to do. With a sly smirk plastered to his face, John quickly grabbed handful of shredded cheese and sprinkled it into Sherlock's curls with the most girliest scream coming from the detective as he loudly giggled and stumbled back.

With the kids laughing right behind them, John caught Sherlock just in time from falling over the back of John's chair but, with a smile on the blogger's face, he pushed him over anyways and landed with a thud between their chairs in front of the fireplace. As John lost his footing, he stumbled over as well and landed on top of the detective with an "oomph!" coming from both of their mouths but a chuckle following right after.

"What am I gonna do with you Sherlock Watson-Holmes?" John whispered, kissing his husband's forehead, nose, and finally meeting his lips. The detective smiled, looking deep into John's eyes and stroking his cheek with his spindly fingers. "Absolutely nothing John Watson-Holmes. Just be my lovely husband. And the father of my children."

"Our children." John interrupted, scoffing then grabbing his hand and kissing his fingertips with a soft smile on his face. "I love you."

The detective smiled, deeply sighing before parting his lips and welcoming his blogger into an opened mouth kiss which John gladly accepted with a chuckle emanating deep in his throat.

"Get up papa! C'mon daddy, it's time for school!" With a sudden jump onto both of the men, the kids giggled away to their heart's content as the whole family snuggled and tickled together on the floor before they had to get the kids to school.

"Alright, alright! C'mon, let's get you two upstairs and dressed for the day. You're gonna be late for school!" John heaved himself up from the floor before shooing the kids up to their room and sticking his hand out for Sherlock to grab as he heaved him to his feet with a grunt.

"We're getting too old for this stuff." Sherlock groaned, winding his arms around his husband's waist and pulling him close to his chest for another opened mouth kiss. Pulling back, John opened his eyes for a mere second before closing them and resting his forehead against Sherlock's. "I never feel old around you."