Beginning?

5 Years later...

"I don't think we can."

"Oh, c'mon John. It never hurts to at least try. And if we succeed then it would be even more of an adventure. I thought you loved adventures?"

"I do! And I love you, so much. And I love our children, but it just...freaks me out." John toyed with the hem of his shirt. This conversation has been brought up many times by Sherlock and many more time by John.

"What is there to be freaked out about? We have a home with plenty of room, plenty of love, and money is never an issue when you're related to the British government." The detective made an excellent point, but it still left John with a ton of questions.

"Tell you what. We'll make an appointment just to see if we are...physically able enough to have more kids." Sherlock said with a smile as John eventually nodded his head at the suggestion. With a tsk of approval, Sherlock patted his husband's knee as he stood up and went to go see if the kids were ready for school. John gave a smirk to himself, thinking it wouldn't be as bad if they had more kids. The retired army doctor had never seen this side of Sherlock, being so involved and loving with their children, being a parent looked good on the detective.

John smiled even bigger, watching and listening his husband deal with the rambunctious kids on this rainy morning as they gathered their things, gave their goodbyes until later that night for dinner, and left without another word. The detective set his hands to his hips as he blew a curl from his forehead and John chuckled from his seat.

"What's so funny?" He asked.

"Nothing. You're just...you doubted yourself being a parent, scared of what to do or how to do something, but you proved me right. I told you you would be a good parent." John rose to his feet and held Sherlock's head in his hands, smiling before kissing his lips tenderly. The detective closed his eyes and wrapped his hand around the back of John's neck for a deeper kiss as the blogger accepted it with great pleasure.

"Don't you want to move this to the bedroom?" Sherlock asked a little breathless. John smirked before pecking his husband's lips once more. "I don't want anymore surprise pregnancies. Though they are fun and unexpected at times, I just want to plan this one out if I get the chance."

The detective took a step back and studied his husband, seeing John's expression had changed from happy to anxious and suspicious. Sherlock cocked his head in question before smirking like he didn't believe what he just heard. "A-are you sure? If we do actually plan this one, would you want another kid?"

It threw the blogger for a loop, hearing the real question come from Sherlock and he couldn't decide. Bringing their kids into this world was a true blessing and he wouldn't want his life any other way. What was one more? John loved kids and Sherlock soon warmed up to other people's kids, especially when Hamish or Violet had a birthday party and invited some of their friends over. John was nervous when it came to their kids, being a usual parent when they let them alone to a sleepover, going to the park by themselves, or even going to a crime scene with Sherlock; it all made John nervous in the worse way.

But what was one more?

"I...I guess we could try for another one. What's one more?" John joked, a large smile upon his face as Sherlock would share the same smile. The detective picked up his blogger by the waist and spun him around all while harshly kissing his lips. "Do you know how much I love you John Hamish Watson-Holmes?" Sherlock replied.

"Very much William Sherlock Scott Watson-Holmes." John said as he wrapped his legs around Sherlock's waist as the detective smirked at his husband's actions. "Apparently so." Sherlock said with a chuckle. They put their foreheads together and sighed contently. Nothing felt more like home.

"We still need to set up that appointment if we want more kids." John advised as Sherlock chuckled again at his husband's worry. "Of course we do. We can set it up sometime tomorrow."

"Sherlock?"

"Hmm?"

"Are you sure we aren't too old for this?"

The room went silent at that question as Sherlock thought up a rather quick answer. "I think, as a team, we can do anything. Despite our age."

This put the blogger at ease, relaxing his shoulders and breathing a little easier at his cheesy remark. "You always know how to make me smile. You pulled the same thing on our wedding day." John said, being put down by his detective but still being kept in his large hands.

"I remember how absolutely stunning you looked in that suit. I wanted to rip it off of you as soon as I saw you in it." Sherlock smirked.

"And you did that exact same thing, a couple hours later on our honeymoon in France. I'm pretty sure all of Paris heard us that night. And the next morning. And afternoon. And evening." John laughed and snickered as Sherlock joined in with his baritone laugh that made the blogger swoon. "I'm surprised we weren't kicked out of the country." John could barely get his words out before he burst into hysterics of his joke as Sherlock did the same, holding his husband tighter as he fell even harder in love with his husband.

"So whaddya say? Shall we get started on another kid?" Sherlock said after he calmed down from his laughing fit long enough to wriggle his eyebrows to his blogger as John smirked to his detective. "It wouldn't hurt to try. Kids are gone all day at school and we have the day off, thanks to Lestrade. C'mon, let's have the fun we had on our wedding night." John whispered in the detective's ear, biting down on his earlobe as Sherlock's eyes fluttered shut and he moaned.

"Oh God yes." Sherlock kissed John hard on the lips before pulling him to their bedroom and shutting the door behind them only to conceal their love from the rest of the world.

--------

"Kids are in bed. We've got this time to ourselves." John said as he cleared the table of Hamish's homework and Violet's school project for Sherlock and him to sit down and work on a couple cases Lestrade handed to them a couple days ago but they never got around to them. Though Sherlock didn't notice, he lifted his laptop for John to take away the extra papers as he set it back down and continued to type.

"What are you working on?" John asked, setting Sherlock's cuppa next to him as he kissed his cheek then went back to his laptop and started to type on his blog about their current case of the missing bodies from the morgue and how their personal life is going as well but leaving out the piece of trying for another kid.

"That case of the four dead bodies but five severed heads. It seems to be an interesting one at that as well." Sherlock, without looking away from the screen took a quick sip of his cuppa before going back to typing and reading articles at the same time. John smirked, seeing his husband back in the game gave him another reason to smile everyday.

"It sounds pretty interesting to me. Tell me how it works out." John responded, going back to his work on his laptop as Sherlock hummed in acknowledgement at his request.

"Speaking of working things out, I scheduled us an appointment for the day after tomorrow for our...planning shall we say." John added as it made the detective stop typing to look up at him with a certain look of surprise but melancholy happiness as well before going back to typing and responding with "really?".

John nodded his head, taking a sip of his cuppa before sucking his teeth at the warm taste of old tea and setting the cup down to talk to his husband. "Is that alright with you?"

"Yeah, yeah. It's fine by me, as long as it gets done then I don't have an issue with it. You know how much I hate the obvious hanging over our heads." Sherlock continued, frantically typing away at his own blog before going back to read the case file sitting next to him as he cleared his throat and tried to take his mind off the predicament John set them in. Without another spoken, but many things still hanging over their heads, they finished their work for the night as they left everything out on the kitchen table and went back to their bedroom only to fall asleep in each other's arms, still fully dressed and neither willing to change for the sake of comfort and just for the sake of sleep.