~2~

Harry's POV

When we got off the Hogwarts Express and stepped onto the dock, Lucifer jumped on Hermione's head and we spent at least five minutes chasing her around because she was so freaked out. We entangled a few other students, including Neville and Goyle, in the chase. Eventually, Lucifer must've gotten freaked out, and jumped onto my head and started nibbling my hair. (Y/N) was still out of breath so Ron carefully picked him up and gave him back to her. Hermione started going on and on about what type of disease she probably had.

I noticed that Ron kept looking from (Y/N) to me over and over, and after about two minutes of walking, (Y/N) got engulfed in the crowd of students and we had no idea where she was, until Hermione heard someone scream. And of course, Lucifer was on Draco's head. "Get the bloody thing off me!" He screamed. The three of us ran through the crowd to see him about to have a mental breakdown with a rat on his head, and all of his friends watching.(Y/N) rolled her eyes, shifted her weight to the other foot, and put a hand on her hip. "Lucifer, down!" Lucifer backed up, still on Draco's head, and jumped back on (Y/N)'s shoulder.

"Bloody hell, your rat's a lunatic!" Ron joked, looking from Lucifer to (Y/N). "It's not funny, Ronald. I could seriously have some kind of disease. And it messed up my hair!" Ron shifted his gaze to Hermione, "But your hair is always messed up!" (Y/N) and I laughed a little, "I think it looks better like this!" I added. Hermione put her hands out in front of her, "Okay, okay! Maybe, just maybe, I'm exaggerating a bit."

Time skip to The Great Hall

"You all will have to be sorted before anything else. You will either be placed into Slytherin, Gryffindor, Huffelpuff, or Ravenclaw." Professor McGonagall explained to the crowd of first years. For some reason, they raised the age that you have to be for first year, so we were all the same age as the second years. Also, we could no longer buy our robes and wands at Diagon Alley, and we bought them at the dock right before getting on the boats. Everyone scrambled into The Great Hall to get a seat. McGonagall stepped up to the little stage area next to Dumbledore. "We will begin calling names, when you are called, please join us at the front and you will then be sorted."

It felt like forever until someone I knew was called. And of course, it was Draco Malfoy. He stood up and started strolling up to the sorting hat, and halfway up, spun around and winked at (Y/N). Everyone turned to see who it was and she turned red with either embarrassment or anger. I looked to my left to see that Ron's ears were going red, as well. Malfoy got to the front and sat down in the chair, and the sorting hat was placed on his head.

"Mmmm... Slytherin!" It shouted, furrowing its leather flap eyebrows.

"Harry Potter!" I wanted to be in anything but Slytherin at this point. I looked at my friends then stood up and headed to the front.

"You're a tough one to place, Potter!" I smirked.

"Mmmm... Gryffindor!" McGonagall took the hat off my head and I went to sit back down. Halfway down the aisle, Draco tripped me, and gladly, I only stumbled. "My bad!" He said sarcastically when I regained my balance. I couldn't help but smirk again when a farmilliar voice called him out, "Shut it, prick!" I looked to my table to see (Y/N) standing up, glaring at him. "Or what?" Malfoy hissed, standing up, too. "Do you really want Lucifer on your head again?" She growled. Lucifer squeaked at him. "I'm not scared of your little vermin!" "Let's just see what you think about him when he's on your face at two o'clock in the morning." And with that, she sat back down. The professors just waited for the chatter to die down before calling Ron up.

The hat leaned forwards to get closer to Ron's face. It whispered something, and whatever it was, made him blush and freeze up. After a few seconds, the sorting hat smiled wide, if you can call it smiling on a hat, and put him in Gryffindor. Ron was obviously trying not to smile as he sat back down with us. "(Y/N) (L/N)!" (Y/N) looked from Hermione to Ron to me, and then headed to the front. The hat whispered something to her, too. "Easy, Gryffindor!" When she sat back down, the hat yelled something else, "You're welcome!" It sounded pretty proud, but none of us got what it meant, except maybe Ron. I only think that because he got all pink again.

After her, Hermione was called and put in Gryffindor. It felt like another eternity until everyone was sorted and we were split into houses to take the tour. We were put with Percy, and apparently, he was another one of Ron's brothers, and Head Boy.

"Now, this is the Gryffindor common room, you have to tell the fat lady the password to get in." We walked up the stairs to a wall of living paintings, and the largest was of a fat lady in a dress who insisted that she could break a glass with her voice. "Listen close!" Lucifer scurried down (Y/N)'s arm and sat in her hand. Scabbers just squeaked loudly.

Percy looked around to see if anyone besides the Gryffindor students were around. "Caput Draconis." He said firmly. The Fat Lady swung her painting to the side and we all flooded into the common room, or Gryffindor Tower. To one side were the girls' rooms, and to the other was the boys'. "Attention, please!" Percy shouted. Everybody focused on him. "If any boys try to get into the girls' rooms or vise versa, the stairs will turn into a slide. Anyone care to demonstrate?"

Almost everyone raised their hands, and he picked Neville and Hermione. Percy had Hermione to go up the stairs to the boys' rooms first, and half way up, the stairs flattened into a slide and she slid all the way back down. The same happened for Neville. (Y/N) raised her hand as the two rejoined the group. "You?" Percy pointed to her. "Does the enchantment repel animals as well?" Everyone in the common room knew what she was thinking about.

"Actually, no. Would you like to try?" Surprisingly, the only people who already had pets were (Y/N) and Ron. They exchanged a look and (Y/N) had Lucifer run up the stairs to the girls' rooms, and nothing happened. She smirked at us as he climbed back onto her shoulder.