|Chapter Two |Part Ways

•Payton's Pov•

"Come on Cassie! We're already late for school," I shout to my little sister to hurry up

"Come on Cassie! We're already late for school," I shout to my little sister to hurry up. She comes running from the Dinning room with a brown paper bag in one hand and her iPhone 7 in the other. As usual she's wearing black.

When ever I say anything about the way she dresses we end up in a fist fight so its best that I don't say anything.

"I'm coming! I'm coming!" She exclaims."I only have two legs you know." Her earphones swishes from side to side as she does her brisk walking. She grabs her bag pack from the couch and we both head outside to my car.!

Meanwhile I'm driving I inform Cassie about the late hours I'll be staying at school to end the silence.

"Cassie," I call out her name but she doesn't respond. I look into the rare view mirror and saw the reason why she didn't respond. Her earphones are installed into her ears and she's bobbing her head while she listens to the very loud lyrics of a song I never heard before.

I quickly snap my fingers in front of her to get her attention. She looks up to meet my eyes before I turn back to focus on the road. Cassie pulls out the ear phones and sighs an irritated sigh.

"What?"she asks.
" I'm staying at school a little late today because I'm helping out with the decorations for the Halloween dance , so I won't be able to pick you up from school to go home early today."

"Fine by me, I could just stay at Ryan's place until you pick me up from his house," she problem solves.

No way I'm letting her stay with That perv unsupervised. Who knows what they'll do. Ryan Rider is Cassie's boyfriend. Mom and dad didn't approve of their relationship at first but seen as they tried to separate them they just find they're way more closer, they just let it be.

Ryan is way older than Cassie and he's trouble. He's one of the school's bad boys and every time he gets kicked out of school he comes back in. It's because his parents are the vice principal and principal of the school. The boy is a weasel. I just can't seem to understand why Cassie likes him that much.

Luckily I ask Shelly, the owner of Brick, to babysit Cassie while I'm at school. Shelly always babysit Cassie ever since she was little. Brick isn't that far from school so she could walk there.

"I already notified Shelly that you'll be coming to brick,"I stated.

"Okay sure," she shrugs. Its not a problem for her to stay with one of her favorite people. Cassie puts the earphones to her ear but then she drops them back down as if remembering to ask me something. She hesitated to ask. "Ah Payton.....is Daisy and Mark coming home tomorrow?....they promised that they'll be home for my birthday the last time we spoke."

I froze in my seat at the mention of my parents name. Cassie doesn't really call them mom and dad for reasons I don't know. She just calls them by their first name. Its been a month now since we last spoke to them