Chapter 5: going for a drive

Jacks pov:

I was sitting on the couch watching tv when a familiar red head bounced in. He sat down beside me with a smile.

"Good afternoon kitten!" He flashed me a grin.

"Afternoon Mark." I respond looking at the tv.

"I was just uh... Wondering if we could go outside again?" He asks reluctantly

"Why?" I hiss through my teeth, I much preferred my home. Or I guess my feline half did.

"It was lots of fun! Come on Jacky. Please...?" He begs, his big brown eyes wide.

"Puppy dog eyes don't work on me Mark. The answer is no."

"What if we only go on a drive!" He yells suddenly. "Please Jack..."

"Fine..." I grumbled

I slowly get up and pull a hoodie on. I then grab my keys and watch a happy Mark charge out the door. Panic hit me when I noticed Mark was on all fours. Oh shit! No I knew I shouldn't have gotten him excited about going outside!

"Mark! Get your arse back ere'!" I scream chasing after Mark as I quickly close and lock the door.

I charged around the corner towards the under ground parking lot, I was praying for Mark to be there. I ran down a flight of stairs, hoping that no one saw the human canine hybrid running down the hall. I took a short cut by cutting outside so I could take the stairs right beside our parking spot. That's when I ran into a blonde female right outside our door.

"Oi' I'm so sorry!" I said in a panic.

"Sean! It's me! Signe!" The blonde said suddenly hugging me.

"Oh wow, hey. It's been a while hasn't it?" I say my eyes darting around

"Yeah we should hang out!" She recommends

How about we go get some dinner tomorrow night? I just uh- really gotta get my friend... I'm running late!" I said in a panic

"Okay, you still have my number?" She said with a small smile

"Of course, I'll call you tonight!" I respond.

I quickly ran away seconds later. Signe was actually my EX from high school, we decided to end it after we graduated but I've always missed her. Maybe she was the one who was going to break the curse. I charge down the stairs into the underground parkade. I see Mark leaning out of the passenger side window, completely human. He gave me a smirk before bursting into laughter.

"Hey! What was that for! You could have got yourself caught!" I snap getting into the car.

"Well- I knew it would get you to hurry up. " he said his warm brown eyes glancing at me as he leaned on the armrest between us.

"So you were in control but put yourself in danger?! You could have gotten caught or worse!" I snap as I start the car.

"Well- I was kinda in control... But I mean who can resist going on a walk?" He responds

"You're missing the point." I say as we begin driving down the road

"Well- at least I got shotgun!" He said with a laugh

I roll my eyes as we drive out towards the country side. This way Mark could run around and hopefully wear himself out for the night. The city was much to crowded, we could go somewhere more private. I took an exit out and began to drive as far out as possible. Soon there was grass all around us and no sky scrapers in sight. Mark suddenly began barking at some sheep outside the window. Instead of scolding him I open the window and he stuck his head out the window. He closed his eyes and his tongue lolled out as we drove. He continued to bark at the sheep as I drove.

Marks pov:

As soon as we stopped I jumped out of the car and had my nose plastered to the ground. All new scents. Birds and trees. Jack and- a girl? Nah that couldn't be right. Jack must have brushed up on something that a girl touched. Jack didn't have a girlfriend

"now wear yourself out! I don't need you pawing at my door at 6:00 tomorrow morning" Jack said before crossing his arms.

"It's not my fault! I heard you turn over, I thought you were getting up!" I protested standing up.

Suddenly I had a good idea. I walked over to Jack, I looked down at him. Suddenly I tackled him with a giggle.

"What the fook' !" He screeched

I sat down beside him and I slowly leaned over and licked his cheek. Jack shivered and gave a hiss. His hair spiked into cat ears and his teeth sharpened into felines. He dug his claws into the grass as he went to scream at me. When he looked over I was wagging my tail, I suddenly charged forward and he began to run away from me. I chased him around in circles until he jumped up onto the bed of our old pickup truck. He stuck his tongue out as me as he reverted back to a human. I shrugged.

"I can entertain myself" I say as I suddenly begin to chase my brown tail.

"You're never going to catch it, you know that right?" He says digging into his pocket

"Well what else do you want me to do?" I ask still chasing my tail.

"This." Jack responds holding up a tennis ball.

My eyes light up and my tail begins to wag aggressively. He throws it and I chase after it for hours upon hours...

Jacks pov:

I yawn as we finally return to the city. I look down at the radio clock combo. The time reads 3:30AM. I sigh as the bright streetlights illuminate the car. In the passenger seat is a curled up Mark. He was still in dog form. He moved his hands and legs lightly as he barks softly in his sleep. I smile down at Mark. Man, I really take him for granted. I had a pretty great roommate.

-

An:

Sorry for the delay in this chapter! It was a lot of fun to write and I hope you all liked it!

Let me know what you thought of it

And as always

I will see you

In the next chapter

BUH BYE!!!! 💚❤️