Chapter 2

This was stupid! Why did I do this? I'm going to have a lot of explaining to do. Despite Draco's regrets, he had a warm feeling inside his chest that had been absent for too long. Draco didn't look away from Harry's eyes and led them on the dance floor. Finally when people started to join them, Draco let go and turned to return to Pansy, but after one step he turned once again to face Harry. He's going to hate me even more for this, but why not have fun tonight. Draco grabbed Harry's surprisingly fragile hand and twirled him before dipping him. While he held the boy in a dip the entire school stared once again, but Draco went for the extra mile and lowered his lips onto Harry's for a long awaited kiss. It was fast, almost a peck, but it made both Draco and Harry's pale faces turn a rosy pink. Draco then lifted Harry, smiled and strode away. That felt as good as killing a Mudblood! Or as I would suspect killing a Mudblood would feel like.

What in the world of wizards was that? Well, this night is already not going as planned. Harry walked and took a seat next to Ron who was miserably telling Padma he didn't wish to dance. To Harry's delight this made her leave and left Harry alone with Ron to discuss Percy's answer along with whatever just occurred.

Did my best friend just dance with a Slytherin? A blimey little git of a Slytherin? And why is Hermione looking so pleased about being so close to a boy with eyebrows that enormous? I could dance better than that! Not that I care about Hermione dancing with someone. Ron was lost in thought, but quickly regained it when Padma left and Harry sat down. "Did you just-" Ron was cut off by a quick nod from Harry which left him with even more questions. "Why'd that pig just dance with you? You didn't call him over, did you? Did he just kiss you in front of everyone?" The only reaction Ron got from Harry was a shrug so he gave up trying and stomped towards where Krum and Hermione were dancing.

Harry immediately got up to see what he was doing, but suddenly felt that someone was looking at him and when he looked over his shoulder he saw Draco not only looking at him, but gesturing to leave the hall. Why does he want me to leave? Should I go? Probably just wants to make a fool out of me. Harry decided to listen, despite better judgment, and slowly rose from his chair which was mimicked by Draco and walked into the entrance hall. The second they turned out of the hall, Harry noticed there was a sense of determination in Draco's eyes.

Nope! I'm done! I can't do it anymore and tonight is as good as any. Draco firmly grabbed Harry's forearm and led him to next floor which looked nearly deserted. Draco looked to make sure no one was around, let go of Harry's arm to push on Harry's chest so he had tripped slightly over his own feet. "Listen, Potter. Since I first met you in the robe store, you've hated me. It's been nearly four years now since then and I still haven't let up on the cruel jokes about your personal life. If I were you I'd hate me too, but only if it was obvious I had meant it. But since that scars gone to your head and made you stupid I suppose I'll spell this out clearly for you. I've never hated you, Harry Potter. Quite the contrary, in fact. I have been in love with you, Harry Potter!" Draco finished with a sigh of relief and the feeling of being thirty pounds lighter.

Ron punched Krum in the nose which made him fall back a few steps from Hermione. Ron took his shock as an opportunity and hugged Hermione, tightly. Say it! Why do I have to be a bloody coward? I need to say it! "I love you, Hermio-" Ron felt his Neck get tighter and realized Viktor had grabbed him around the neck.

"No!" Hermione screeched, but it was too late.

Ron had been thrown off the dance floor, across the room and head first into a table which had broken on impact. I need to stay awake! I need to say it again! "H-Hermione, I-I'm in love with you." With that the room started to darken and the footsteps of peers and teachers alike quieted. Before everything went jet black, Ron saw Hermione standing over him and smiled before completely losing consciousness.