Chapter 5

Dear Sirius,

I hope everything is alright with you and Buckbeak! This may not be the most important letter I've sent and don't worry nothing bad has happened, but this is something I would tell to my parents if they were still alive and considering they aren't I wish to tell it to you. Christmas was phenomenal and I'm sure you've heard about the Yule Ball happening at Hogwarts. I don't know how to say this except that I went with a girl and left with a boy. You may not be very accepting of this because of who it is, but I left with Lucius Malfoy's son, Draco Malfoy. Draco isn't like his father, I can assure you and I love him. To be honest, I'm sure you don't care about my love life, but I've never felt the warm feeling that is love for a significant other and I want the whole world to know! I nearly got my bottom kicked by Krum, but he saved me! Since then we've spent a lot of time together and Snape has taken a liking to me ever since. Probably not what you want to hear, but it's helped my grades. As I write this I'm sitting under a tree with Draco napping next to me and I haven't told him anything about you, he thinks I'm writing a complaint to a cauldron shop. I'll send some food next and if you hate the decision my heart has made that's alright, but know I told you because you are family.
Sincerely,
Harry Potter

** 10 years later**

Dear Sirius,

I'm leaving this letter at your grave and hopefully you will be able to read it from heaven. This is a formal invitation for you to watch over me as I marry the love of my life, Draco Malfoy. I know this is sudden because I'm writing this at three in the morning on our wedding day, but we're both up and he's wiping the tears from my eyes as I write this. You fulfilled your duties as godfather and I cannot thank you enough for that. I hope we have your blessings. You might remember how I sent you a letter after the Yule Ball and how I was on cloud nine, well now I can live this way with my love forever.
Sincerely,
Harry Potter