Chapter 1

Pin straight brown hair, toothy smile, normally nose, average completion, big boring brown eyes. This was Jennifer. And this in particular Jennifer hated Halloween with a fire-y passion. She didn't have a particular reason. Well, she did, but it wasn't a very good or rational one. Jennifer, more than anything else, loathed the color orange. So of course when people asked, especially hot neighbors like Jake, she said she didn't have a reason or rhyme. Jake's shaggy blond hair, sea blue eyes, and perfectly tan skin were enough to make most girls do anything.  Plus, a little white lie never hurt anyone.

"Hello," said a sharp voice cutting through Jennifer's thoughts.

"Huh?" asked a frazzled Jennifer. She turned to look at who spoke, remembering she was in fact talking to the one and only Jake. I mean how could she forget that her hottie hunk of a neighbor was talking to her at lunch!

"I asked why you hate Halloween," replied Jake, obviously getting impatient.

"Oh. Sorry I was lost in thought," she mumbled with a sigh, "To answer your question I don't know. I just never have."

"Well maybe you could try and like it this year," said Jake with a fresh smirk playing at his lips, "I was gonna invite you to the big party this year. My buddy Simon is hosting a huge rager. It's gonna be lit with his parents gone. But, if you really hate the hype so much maybe I shouldn't even bother asking..."

"Well," Jennifer replied with a cocky grin, "you were wrong to even think that; With me there the party's gonna get wild."

"I knew you'd come around. So can I come get you around 8:00 tomorrow?" asked Jake.

"You know know where I live," winked Jennifer as Jake stood.

"How could I forget," Jake teased before walking back to his table of waiting friends.

Sadly, Jenifer really is our protagonist. No Jennifer was not one of those dizzy popular girls (not that dizzy popular girls are bad) but inevitably she was an average, sexually inactive, hormonal,  teenage girl with eyes. Jake was smoldering and well, Jennifer? She was meh. And today this 'Meh' just wasn't about to just  pass up smoldering. So unfortunately for us Jennifer did in fact flirt back. (Hey I didn't create her! I have no control over what she does on this journey of ours... I'm lookin at you, Little Miss Author!)

This abnormal flirtation and irregular acceptance to a "rager" was the first of Jennifer's many poor decision yet to come. No she wasn't going to get arrested or have sex, even if some drunken 'he' did have a condom, but she was going to discover a side of herself she would later regret. We've just witnessed the birth of this said 'side' in her priorly coquettish conversation, and trust me, I don't like it much either. God bless our souls, were in for a trip.

---

After much interrogation from her true friends who she ate lunch with, Jennifer practically floated down the hall to her next class. Though normally her thoughts would already be consumed with schoolwork before she got within thinking distance or 50 yards of her teacher, Jennifer could only think about what to wear to the particularly notable halloween party. Maybe she was sick of being the straight laced good-girl or she was just bored, but somewhere in her conversation with Jake she decided to let loose just once. She was a senior and had never been to a party with alcohol before. She wanted something, anything to happen in her last year of high school. Quite frankly I think all her rationalization were highly underwhelming; High schoolers don't drink near as much as is portrayed in media or by word of mouth and boredom can be cured without illegal activities. Nevertheless she accepted her weak efforts to convince herself, so we will to.

And thus our story begins, with an average senior walking on cloud 9 to class and contemplating what to wear to her life-changing-ly stupid decision.

Yes, all hell has broken loose.