Chapter 10

Sunlight seeping in through the blinds is the first thing you see when you open your eyes, making your head throb in pain. Lack of sleep always does this to you.

You know you have to face the music eventually and get up, but you just wish it wasn't now. There are birds chirping outside and you can't hear anything downstairs. You must be the first one awake, which is quite surprising.

A door closes softly to your right and you look over to see that familiar boy tip-toeing his way over to you and sitting down. Okay, maybe you're not so alone. You catch his eye and he smiles at you, and after you give a quick smile back you look away blushing.

'Dammit (y/n), why are you so awkward?' you inwardly sigh at yourself, and force yourself to look back at him and smile properly, except now he's looking at objects around the room, away from you. Way to go, (y/n).

"Morning," Dan smiles, looking at you again. He's wearing sweatpants and a t-shirt, and his hair is slightly curled at the ends.

"Morning," you reply, smiling back.

"It's 10am, so, what would you like for breakfast?"

"Oh, no, you don't have to do-"

"(y/n), trust me. Phil will not take no for an answer," he chuckles.

You giggle and think for a second. "Pancakes?"

"Pancakes," he replies with a grin. "But not just any pancakes..."

"DELIA SMITH PANCAKES," Phil yells, throwing the door open. You all laugh and you jump out of bed, grabbing your phone and following the boys out of the room.

You get down to the kitchen and the guys start pulling out ingredients left, right and centre. You find yourself watching Dan a lot, you were thinking about him last night.

Basically just everything about him was driving you crazy.

You can't even begin to comprehend your feelings about him. You've known him now for about 24 hours, and even so, you get really excited whenever he's around and feel butterflies.

"(y/n)? (y/n)?!"

Dan's clicking in front of your face and you blush and smile apologetically. "Sorry..."

"It's okay. Come help me with this," he says, gesturing you over to the bench. "You pour the flour in and I'll sift it. Sound simple enough?"

"Yep," you say, grabbing the bowl of measured flour. You start to pour it gently into the sieve and Dan sifts it into the bowl.

You're about halfway through the bowl when Phil bumps your elbow and you accidentally tip all the flour in at once, making it explode back into you and Dan's faces.

You look at Dan, who has a shocked expression just like you, and then you both look at Phil, who's shrunk into the corner and covered his mouth. "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to!" he said. You knew he was trying not to laugh, so you looked at Dan and smirked. He seemed to get your idea and you both picked up a handful of flour, running at Phil and throwing it in his face.

Flour's going everywhere and you're all laughing like mad. Phil's still wearing his glasses so he wiped the flour off his lenses. He looks ridiculous and you both burst into even more laughter.

By the time you've all calmed down you're lying on the floor, surrounded in flour and an absolute mess.

"So... what now?" Dan asks you all giggle.