Chapter 12

You wake up with a start and look around the room.

Everything is hazy and confusing, though you don't know if it's caused by your nausea or the tears blurring your vision.

You haven't dreamt about that day since you moved to London, why did it have to start now?

"(y/n)? (Y/N)?

You take a few deep breaths, closing your eyes, and when you look around again you see a person sitting next to you.

Your vision clears and you see Dan, staring at you with worried eyes and clutching your arm.

"(y/n), are you okay?"

You don't know what to say to him. The obvious answer is to say no and pour your heart out to him and get his sympathy, telling you everything will be okay.

"Yeah, I'm fine," you reply, wiping your eyes and smiling. You go to stand up, but you stand too quickly.

Your head rushes, causing you to sit down again, and you clutch a hand to your head, sighing.

"Head rush?" Dan asks from next to you, and you give him a small smile, nodding.

"Don't worry, it happens to me too," he says, chuckling.

You finally stand up and grab your bowl, taking it to the kitchen and placing it in the dishwasher. Dan follows you and leans against the bench, watching you.

You find it strange how quickly his moods have been changing.

Don't dwell on it (y/n), you'll regret it.

DAN'S POV

I know I'm being such a coward, things are just hard at the moment.

I know I need to make it up to (y/n), I've been acting so weird and I can tell she's noticed.

Think Dan, think.

What can we do that will be fun?

Educational?

Character building?

A way for us to connect on a spiritual level?

So I can see who the true (y/n) is?

Hmmm...

Wait.

I've got it!

It's perfect...

"Do you wanna play Mario Kart?"

"Yeah, sounds good."

Well, that was easy.

We both walk into the lounge and I set up the game, passing (y/n) a steering wheel and grabbing one for myself.

"Mario Kart 8!" we both say in the Mario voice as the game starts. We both look at each and crack up laughing. Eventually I'm holding my stomach and (y/n)'s clapping like a seal, until Phil walks in.

We both stop laughing and look at Phil. He's staring at us like we've sprouted two more heads, and I'm trying not to explode with laughter.

I look over at (y/n), her face is going red and her lips are tightly pursed, we're both trying not to laugh.

"Uh... hey guys!" Phil says, waving, and I can't help myself.