Chapter 37: *New Years' Kiss*

[31 Dec. 2015]

Johnnie's POV

7 days without talking with Kyle. I felt so pathetic for not talking to him... I should have told him my feelings as well. I couldn't believe I didn't run after him on Christmas. I kinda hated myself for not doing anything.

I picked up the letter from the table and I read it again. I read that letter at least 50 times, trying to gain the courage to express myself. I could have just texted him like everyone does nowadays to express their feelings, but I wasn't like that. I felt like this could not be discussed over text. It was more important than that.

I finished the letter and I found myself crying, just like in all of the other times I read that letter. I was now just 30% water...

Kyle's POV

I was shaking more by the minute... I couldn't control my anxiety at all. If at least I had some intelligence and if i didn't write that letter everything would be better. I swear to fucking god it could not be worse than this. I was 100% sure he didn't not like me the way I did... After all I done.

It was about 9PM and my anxiety reached its maximum. I had to talk to him right now, but I couldn't just leave dinner like that... My mother would literally kill me. I had to wait even if I didn't want to.

* * * 11:20 PM * * *

There was only 40 minutes left of 2015. Maybe this was the best time to go talk to him. Of course, I could just send him a text but this was too important to be discussed on a miserable text message.

I got up from the couch without drawing to much attention to myself and got out of the living room. I opened the front door and stepped outside. It was freezing outside but nothing that could be handled. I started to walk to his house, even if I walked really slow. I had to get there.

I didn't care if I wasn't with family right now. I could be with them on the next New Years. This was my priority this year.

Johnnie's POV

I had been talking to Alex the whole night. We were both the only teenagers in our families so at least we texted each other. My cousins were making so much noise playing that I had to leave the living room. I was now in my room dying of boredom. Alex wasn't answering anymore and I sure as hell didn't want to talk to my aunt Jessica or my uncle Steve. They asked me once again if I had a girlfriend. It was so annoying.

I looked at clock and it was now 11:40PM...

- 20 more minutes of 2015 left. - I said in an ironic excited tone.

I looked out of the window, admiring the snow. I felt the urge to make a snowman right away. I got outside quickly without anyone noticing and I ran to the backyard. I was rolling the snow with such happiness that I could barely recognize myself.

As I finished the bottom snowball I felt something hard and cold hit my back.

- Fuck! - I yelled. - Who the hell threw that? Tom!!!

I turned around ready to yell at my cousin when I saw a taller figure.

- Hello? - I asked. - Who are you?

The figure moved forward and uncovered its face, revealing its identity. It was Kyle.

- Kyle! - I said happily.

- Hey... I. I. I need to talk to you. - he said not as happy.

I assumed it was the letter. I got closer until our eyes were inches apart.

- I have to tell you something. - I whispered.

He looked up to meet my eyes. I could noticed some anxiety on his face.

- It's ok if you don't feel the same, but please, do not stop being my friend. I beg you. - he said, his voice trembling.

I smiled and got even closer.

- Who said I didn't? - I told him.

His face lit up. He was about to talk in the moment I glued our lips together. Our mouths and tongues were synchronized.

I heard my family inside screaming and fireworks from the center of the town. It was officially 2016.

We broke apart never stopping the eye contact.

- Happy 2016. - we both said as we started to kiss again.