1//Wonderer

Melody's POV

I sat next to the stream as the water flowed and picked wild flowers.

It wasn't often I got to come and hide in the little meadow and relish in my own little world.

The sun kissed my skin and highlighted my long, curly, auburn hair.

My grey eyes glanced across the meadow and a big and cheesy grin spread from ear to ear as I enjoyed my secret home away from home.

But before long, lunch came around and after that, eve came along.

I laid my head down under a large oak that has began casting its shade across the field as sunset approached.

Lane's POV

Our pack warriors have finally reached the border of a smaller neighboring packs territory.

We have come to claim land as a payment to the service we have provided. They have recently been getting frequent rougue attacks and have requested our warriors defense and in return we would receive some of their land as service.

The plan was the beta, gamma, and alpha, that's me, would come in on the least occupied side which is the east and two warriors would cover every other side just for safety measures.

As we crossed the border of their land into this small meadow, Jax, the beta and my best friend, pointed out a small figure sprawled out under a large oak along side the stream.

We approached to see a girl. She seemed like an angel with this kind of glowing light she has about her. Then the scent hit me.

My wolf fought me for control as he was screaming something in my head.

"Mate."

My first instinct took over. I sensed power from her wolf and was proud. But she smelled of this neighboring pack.

The alphas daughter. Or maybe there is something else. I had a sense of confusion and hadn't realized she was staring at me as I was lost in my thoughts.

Melody's POV

As I began stirring, a strange scent enveloped my senses. My wolf purred and relished in delight of it.

But as I looked up, I noticed a face i didn't recognize and then I looked into those ice blue eyes and my heart stopped for a second and then resumed its normal beating.

Before I realized it, a small word escaped my lips just for him and I to hear.

"Mate."

He smiled a bright smile and then I came out of that little spell it seemed he had placed on me.

I wasn't in the meadow anymore. In fact, we were headed directly to my pack house. Oh dad's gonna kill me.

But as we approached with me still in this boys arms, dad seemed to glare daggers at the both of us and I just sheepishly smiled.

But as soon as the boy saw my dad he practically dropped me and I almost fell on my but.

"I will take this girl instead of your land as a payment for my service and protection."

Then that's when all the pieces fell into place. This was alpha Lane. He was a fearless and ruthless alpha from the south who got his power and land from the heartless treatment he showed his victims of defeat.
I was mates with the heartless and ruthless, Alpha Lane.