5//Torn Between Worlds

But then off in the distance I smell an all too familiar scent.

Rougues.

Not too long after Lane must have sensed it too.

I grabbed ahold of his arm and yanked him towards the back of the cave and took a ring from atop the shelf holding my candles. I placed it on his hand and placed my ring on my hand.

"Um sweet heart. We just met and all. Don't you think this is all a little too sudden."

"Ya ya. Keep cracking jokes. The ring is to mask your wolves sent."

I felt my connection with Phoenix weaken. My sent became less prominent and so did Lane's.

Before too long the sent grew and I approached the opening of the cave to peek out from behind the waterfall.

At least they seemed kind of confused. But it won't last forever.

The wolves circled the perimeter of the small lake or pond and tried to find a lead to some other wolves sent.

"Melody get back. Those rougues are the same ones who have been frequently attacking your packs borders...wait a minute. They attacked a small packs borders, followed us all the way out here, your ability to use the alphas voice even over other alphas, your wolf that's said to have been extinct. Of course. Why didn't I see it before. They're after you."

What he said did kind of make sense but it only put me more on edge.

Then there was a howl and they seemed to scurry their little matted furry buts away. I've never seen so many rouges together in one place. But that's not even the worst part. Dad will want to hear about this.

Now the real danger is going home and enduring the ever deadly rath of my oh so kind and loving father. May I add, the alpha of a pack of over six hundred other wolves.

Just fantastic.

Hey guys I know it's a bit of a short chapter and all but I did put some pieces together so kudos to that. Anyways those who are reading this since you started following me, thank you so much.

Not to mention I am only using this for a bit of a filler chapter but thank you for reading and please don't give up on the book just yet.

Anyways....

Feel free to

Vote
Comment
Share