The Plan

About a week had past since I had seen either of the groups, but I knew they were still around because their scent still lingered in the breeze, if they had left the smell would be weaker. My tree offered shade as I thought about how to get that match with the ice maker; I could hide in the shadows outside town, no doubt his companions and himself were staying at the inn there. There scent trails seamed to say they walked a particular path daily, I could wait on the path, but the wizards were sometimes accompanied by a villager that could be a little dangerous. After I finally decided on what to do I put my plan into motion. Part one: find out when they leave the town.

Gliding to the bushes outside the village gate I laid in waiting. Keeping my breath steady and calm I matched it to the wind which in turn caused my heart rate to drop, I also suppressed my magic as much as possible.

"I can't believe we still can't find her, and I really wanted to continue our battle." A familiar groan, from a familiar face; it was Natsu.

"What I want to know is why she was confused when I mentioned all the trouble she caused, its like she was oblivious to it." the blonde thought out loud.

"Now you mention it that was strange." the ice maker walked around the corner into view. "On another note, I get to fight her next time we meet remember?" he said as his shirt came up over his head.

"I never agreed to that!" Natsu complained.

"Gray, your stripping again..." Sighed... Lucy was it?

With the last comment the ice maker noticed he was now taking off his pants and quickly threw all his cloths back on. Lucy asked when they were headed out the next day, the ice maker said seven in the morning, then paused and looked in my direction, his expression asking did you hear that? I expect to see you.

"What's up?" Lucy asked.

"Huh, oh nothing." the ice makers gaze broke and he continued to walk.

When they were out of sight I rushed to the safety of the stream to catch what little food I could and think on what I had heard.

Fish sadly were one of the only things that father of mine didn't steal, then again it was unusual for such a big creature to eat such a small pray. I needed as much food as possible though if I planed on winning, in the last battle I couldn't put as much force into my attacks I was so hungry. Should I try to catch a deer? it was mid afternoon maybe the jerks pack had finished their meals and were lounging in the sun...or fighting the other wizards, hopefully the last one.

"Eh, why not. I need the food anyhow and the boys don't seem to be around." I shrugged looking side to side for the pack.

Tracking down deer was rarely difficult, therefor the creature was easy to find. Most woloun hunted in groups of two so it was a 100% chance catch, but I was a loner so I had to be smart to catch my pray. One of my talents lets me manipulate my feathers even if there detached from my wings, I would use this ability to form a feathered wolf that would scare my pray towards me as I hid in a bush down wind. When the deer comes close I lock my jaws on its mussel suffocating it like a lion would. With my dinner laying on the ground I started to rip off chunks.

"Hey hot stuff, what you up to?" great it was Markie, and Bolder lay happily next to him.

"And what do you two want?" I said licking my jaws showing normally white fangs stained red with blood.

"What you don't know by now?" he grinned looking at my catch, if he wasn't careful it would be his blood on my fangs next.

"Go away, your wasting your time. I'm not giving it to you." my paw over my catch calming it.

"Fine then we'll take it. Bolder, help me out here won't ya?" Markie looked over his shoulder at the well built dog.

Bolder got up, yawned then started to walk towards the deer. I had only gotten a few bites out of it, like damn I'm giving it over with out a fight. I lunged at him grabbing his leg and quickly drew a fire fang magic circle. He yelped at the burning leg as he leaned onto his hind legs, throwing his front limbs into the air me with it. The fire subsided and he lashed his leg with me on at numerous trees then he lost his balance and stumbled backwards soon finding himself on his back making me loose my grip, but I would rather I landed in a cactus over we're I did land. Markie had watched me sore in the air stunned from the attack, when I opened my eyes Markie was starring back at me and the ground was soft and warm. Damn, I had knocked him over and now lay on his stomach how embracing.

"Well..." He licked my nose sending shivers up my spine." I didn't know you were THAT interested in me." he grinned.

I scrambled off of him and glared. When I turned around Bolder had the deer over his back and was waiting for his hunting partner.

"That was fun we should do it again some time, although in a little more...private place." Markie grinned, sadly I doubt he was joking.

Walking towards Bolder he grabbed a hind leg off the deer and with effort he pulled it off dropping it to the ground.

"You were fun today, so here's your reward." he nudged the limb. "Also keep an eye out for that sister of yours, Tata!" with that they flew off towards the den with my catch.

After engulfing my meagre leftovers I decided it was time to start part two of my plan; I needed to find a meeting spot. Flying low to the ground I followed their scent that showed me the trail the wizards walked. All the spots I could find were either too wide, too dense, too bright or too dark. Sighing I landed on the trail, this spot had the right lighting but it was to cramped. growling in frustration I fell to the ground in a pout. As I lay in the dry soil the sound of rushing water caught my attention it turned out to be a river valley, was it possible there was a decent spot even if it was off the path? Following my ears I was soon led to the river, this side had long reeds but the other side looked like someone had a stone bowl and cut it in half. To make it better there was a cave half way up the cliff, I wonder what's inside?! But I'll leave that for a victory present to my self for later.