The Reptile Room-Part Two

Well, I really enjoyed the last part, so of course, I had high expectations for this episode, seeing as how things are starting to look up. So, how does this second part hold up?

Pretty good.

It's not as much fun as the last episode, but it's a dang good episode! There are a lot more interesting elements added into it, despite some things that are still clinging to my cringe senses. However, despite those things, I actually had fun watching this one. I hope the next doesn't disappoint.

THINGS I LIKED ABOUT THIS EPISODE:

1) "Nurse Flacutono"- I'll just say this...the guy who's supposed to look like  neither man nor woman...he looks like a man. But I digress. I like his monotone personality. I thought he made a pretty comical nurse. He very clearly had no idea what he was doing and on top of that, when he did express emotion, he let out a girly scream which was kind of funny.

2) The parents- Yes, yes, I've complained about this several times before. I don't like having the Baudelaire's parents actually alive. I think that kind of ruins the whole point of the series. However, I do like the way that these two interacted together. They're kind of like the ultimate spy parents that settled down to keep their kids safe from the dangerous life they used to lead.
For example, "It's just like our honeymoon."  Come on. You know you have to like a line like that!

3) Back at the ranch- I know I mentioned several times that having Lemony Snicket be in the scene was a huge distraction for me. It still is. However, this particular scene was absolutely amazing not to mention clever! First, Lemony Snicket explained the phrase, and then they actually rewound backwards so that you could see what the children were up to! I loved that!!!

4) Jacqueline- Talk about a serious, butt-kicking spy! I've like Jacqueline since, well, the first episode I saw her in! She's excellent at disguises, she can hold a bed at bay with her feet, and she almost caught Count Olaf, minus him slipping out of his robe and escaping via porthole! Like, talk about someone who means business!

5) Mr. Poe finally listens to the kids- After four episodes of being a dumb (though he doesn't do much better in this one), when the kids finally present him with evidence to suggest a murder, Mr. Poe actually insists upon wiping Count Olaf's ankle to see if there's makeup. And to make this scene even better? He purposely licks his rag just to annoy him. That was hilarious!

6) Sunny and the Incredibly Deadly Viper- It was so sweet to see Sunny interact with her friend, the Incredibly Deadly Viper. And it escaped to live another day, which means that she could see it later on. Regardless, they're cute friends.

7) The animals attack Count Olaf and his acting troupe- It was the funniest scene to see Uncle Monty's iguana lead the attacking charge to get rid of Count Olaf and his henchmen. (And women). It was pretty funny. That's all I have to say.

THINGS I HATED ABOUT THIS EPISODE:

1) The theater troupe trying to distract Mr. Poe- I didn't really hate this scene as much as I just felt Mr. Poe's pain. I HATE being late! So to see Mr. Poe being forced to stay and look for the snake when he needs to be at the bank for something actually ground my gears. I was actually thinking, Just hurry up and let him go! He'll be late! Talk about relatable though....

2) Sunny's biting graphics- Yeah, I know they're trying to emphasize on how good she is at chewing on things, but I don't like how Sunny can form lock picks or throwing stones with her teeth. It's just...it seems weird to me and I actually would have preferred Violet to have made a homemade lock pick to pry open the suitcase like she did in the book.

And again...that's about it. There's more good than bad by this point which is good, which means that, if this continues on, I may be able to get rid of the list and write a bit differently. We'll have to wait and see what happens. Because, honestly, there are so many things I could mention that I can't just divide it into separate categories. I think....