Chapter 16: I made your life miserable!

Mark's pov

He was gone. I walked back into the Hospital and saw Will sitting there crying his heart out. I grabbed his arm and helped him up. I led him outside to the car but the hospital doors barged open making us jump back. There was a person on the bed the nurses were pushing.

That person was Dylan Parker.

I let go of Will and ran toward the bed.

"What happened?" I asked one of the nurses panicked. Dylan had been my best friend for so long, I couldn't imagine life without him.

"He crashed into a car and hit his head hard on the side of the curb," the nurse replied. I looked back at him and saw that his head looked like it was split open. There was a lot of blood. I wish I could forget that image. I stopped outside of the emergency room. I pulled on my hair as a few tears escaped my eyes. I walked toward one of the seats and sat down.

I knew how important Naomi was to him, but her passing didn't mean he should too. I couldn't live without him. I couldn't live without the brother I'd grown up with.

"What happened?" Keith asked sitting next to me.

"Dylan crashed into a car and hit his head hard on the side of a curb," I replied as my voice cracked a little.

"That idiot," Keith muttered rubbing his face. We all sort of grew up with each other, yet Dylan and I were closer. Keith was 23, older than all of us.

"I'm sorry," Will said.

"Mr. William Johnson," A nurse called out his name.

"Yes, that's me," Will called getting up.

"Is Naomi Johnson your sister?" The nurse asked and he nodded. "I have some good news-"

Will cut her off. "What? What do you mean good news?"

"Naomi is healthy and cancer-free."

"But a nurse came out and said that she died," I told her.

"That was another person named Naomi that got a heart surgery, your sister is fine," the nurse said smiling.

Relief washed over me. I couldn't believe my ears. But then it hit me. Dylan.

"Thank god," Keith and I muttered in unison.

"What about Dylan Parker?" I asked.

"He has lost a lot of blood," The nurse said. "Do any of you have O- negative blood type?"

"I do," I said raising my hand.

"Do you want to give blood?" She asked and I nodded. "Alright, fill out these forms."

"Is Naomi coming out now?" I asked quickly before he left.

"No, I'm afraid she has to stay here for a little longer." The nurse replied and then walked away.

Naomi's P.O.V.

I sat on the bed, tired. Not physically, but mentally. I wanted to just have a normal life. I just wanted a normal life.

The door opened and Will walked in with Mark and Keith following him inside. He ran toward me and hugged me tightly.

"Don't ever scare me like that," he whispered in my ear. I hugged everyone else and they sat down on the chairs next to me.

But where was Dylan?

"Where's Dylan?" I asked voicing my thoughts. That made them act weird. They just looked around the room at each other completely ignoring me.