Chapter 8 ~ New Year, New Me! + Never Letting You Go!

It was now a Monday morning. Serena flutters her eyes open, as she checks her phone for any messages - a couple from Dawn.

-----

Dawn: Heyyy Sere

Dawn: if u won't let ash explain, I will

Dawn: Miette drugged ash that Friday

Dawn: he didn't know he was doing.

Dawn: pls come to school today, Gary, ash and I miss you so much xxxxxx :(

-----

Serena groans, placing her phone on her nightstand. She made a mistake. She had to fix things between her and Ash.

She walked in her bathroom, the rug tickling her feet as she walked. She looks at herself in the mirror.

"Ash is right."

"I'm not the Serena, he knows."

"I don't know her either."

"If he wants that Serena."

"That Serena he will get."

Serena furiously shakes her thoughts away, picking up her scissors.

She began cutting chunks of hair. She sighs, "There's no turning back now." she murmurs.

She places the scissors near the sink, admiring her new look. She walks back inside her room, picking up the gift box that Ash had left a couple days before.

She opens the box, revealing a roll of cerulean blue ribbon.

She clutches the ribbon in her hand. "Today's going to be a good day." she says, smilingly.

She walks over to her wardrobe, selecting her new outfit.

It was very early. And by early, meaning 5:00 a.m. early. So she had plenty of time before school.

Finally, after some time choosing, she chose a black tank top, topped with a sleeveless, pink blouse that had a white collar. She chose a pink, short skirt. Over her outfit, she wore a sleeveless red cardigan, along with thigh-high black stockings, and auburn brown boots. Finally, to top it all off, she wore a red hat, similar to her old one.

She walks over to her vanity, admiring her look once more. She grabs the ribbon, cutting a decent-sized piece, and begins to wrap it around her collar.

She smiles, collapsing on her bed. She picks her phone up, checking the time. "7:46". Oh man, how time flies.

Serena leaves her room, her backpack slung around her shoulder. As she begins to walk downstairs, an aroma surrounds the air.

"Mhm! Bacon!" she exclaims, her mouth watering at the thought.

She makes her down, her mother facing the opposite direction, cooking eggs.

"Serena, wake up! I made-" Grace calls.

She drops her spatula on the floor. Her jaw, wide open.

Serena giggles, "Mom, close your mouth." Serena points upwards, "Remember, the flies."

"Serena Yvonne!" Grace yells, causing her daughter to jump a bit.

"You cut your hair? Without my permission?" her mother exclaims, placing her hands on her hips.

Serena picks her fork up, "Mom, look, I'm sorry. I just wanted to change my look." Serena says, throwing eggs in her mouth.

Grace sighs, "Of course, honey. I'm sorry too!" she giggles, "I was just surprised! Anyways, you look great, honey!"