Two

Ann looked around her room, many boxes surrounding her. The room was nice, very nice, she had to give props to Harry. But what she didn't like was that she could look directly into Harry's room. Whenever Harry got home yesterday, she hadn't seen him in his room right away, but whenever she finally did, he only had a towel wrapped around his waist, and she had to close her curtains quickly so she wouldn't see anything.

She had known that he had done it on purpose.

Now, she was looking out her window, and saw nothing but his black curtains. Today, she was going to school, and she wasn't even excited. Weren't people supposed to be excited about new schools, new people, new faces? She certainly wasn't.

She looked in the mirror, seeing her plaid skirt and navy blue top. She had absolutely hated uniforms. She looked out her window once again, seeing Harry fixing his tie in the mirror. He then looked over at her and grinned slightly, giving a little wave. She didn't show any emotion, just walked away. She quickly made her way downstairs and stared at the front door, her legs going weak. She couldn't just go. It was then whenever she realized that she was nervous, more nervous than ever.

She then walked to the door and reached down to her backpack, grabbing it before slinging it over her shoulder and walking out the door. She tried walking quickly, hoping that she wouldn't miss the bus. As she passed Harry's house, she saw that he was walking down his driveway, fiddling with the straps of his backpack.

She didn't make eye contact, just kept walking. "Ann!" She heard him call out. She ignored him and kept walking. "Ann, wait up!"

He finally caught up to her and was breathing heavily. "You're a fast walker. Have you ever thought about joining cross country?" She shook her head and he sighed. "Did you hear me calling for you?"

She finally turned her head to look at him and shrugged. "No."

Ann walked onto the bus, Harry following behind her. She didn't know where to sit, all of the seats mostly taken. All of the empty seats were next to people that she thought would make fun of her or by people that she would never want to talk to because they looked like trouble; they looked like people that would be where she was from. She finally made a decision and sat in an empty seat in front of two girls that were as loud as they could be.

Harry stopped at her seat and looked down at her, then up at a bleach blonde who was waving him over. He kept looking at her and she narrowed her eyes at him, mouthing come here. He shook his head and plopped down next to Ann, who eyed him suspiciously. "Why didn't you go and sit with her?" She mumbled.

He shrugged. "It's nice to get away from her at times."

"Is she your girlfriend?" She twiddled her thumbs.

He flicked his head to look at her and grinned. "Yeah, she is. But she can be a little too much sometimes."

She dared to look back at her, seeing that her face was pinched, like she had just eaten something sour. Ann then let out a laugh, which caused Harry to smile slightly. "She seems annoying."

He let his head fall back against the chair and groaned. "You have no idea."

The door covered from head to toe with posters of the world map convinced Ann that she had arrived at her World History class. She inspected the door before letting out a deep breath, freezing whenever she heard a voice from behind her. "Well? Aren't you going to go inside?" Ann spun around, seeing the same bleach blonde from the bus staring right at her, her eyes almost burning her skin. She then scoffed and walked around Ann, shaking her head. "Well, if you aren't going to open the door, then I might as well." She turned the doorknob before opening the door, revealing the inside of the classroom.

Ann walked inside quickly, finding an empty seat towards the back of the classroom and sitting down, ruffling through her bag. Suddenly, a girl with raven black hair walked up to her and sighed. "I was going to sit there." She stated.

Ann's eyes got wide and she stuttered before gathering up her things. "I-I'm sorry. I'll go-"

"No," the girl said, causing Ann to freeze. "I'll just sit..." she looked around the classroom. "Over there. It's fine."

Ann slowly sat back down in her seat and the girl walked away, sitting in the seat on the other side of the classroom. The teacher then walked in and grinned, his smile falling a little whenever his eyes landed on Ann. "You must be the new student, Ann." Ann faked a smile before the girl with bleach blonde hair turned around, her eyes burning into Ann's.

"Well, Ann," the teacher picked up a paper before walking to the back, setting it on her desk. "We have been learning about India lately."

Ann nodded before reaching down into her bag and pulling out her pencil, the teacher walking away and heading to the board. "Oh and by the way, Ann." She glanced up at him and he grinned. "I'm Mr. Rolvio."

Ann's hands were shaking as she walked in the lunch room, the tray she was holding shaking with her. She only had one person she could call a friend at the school so far, and that was Harry. She closed her eyes and let out a deep breath before opening them once again and making her way towards an empty table. She pulled out a seat and stopped in her place as she heard her name get called out. She spun around quickly, seeing Harry waving her over as his arm was draped around the bleach blonde's shoulders. She glanced around the room, feeling like all eyes were on her. Quickly, she picked up her tray and almost ran to the table, pulling out a chair across from Harry and sitting down.

"Happy that you could join us." Harry winked at her before the bleach blonde turned her head to look at him. "Ann, this is Marie." Before Ann could reply, two girls sat down at the table. One next to Marie, and then other next to Harry. "This is Mickayla," Harry motioned to the girl sitting beside him. "And this is Rachel." He motioned to the girl sitting next to Marie.

"Hi, Ann." Marie said, her voice sharp as knives. "I saw that Harry sat with you on the bus this morning." Ann looked down and stared at her food, her breathing becoming heavy. "He usually sits with me. You'll be sitting with me tomorrow, right, Harry?"

Harry didn't speak for a moment. "Actually, I think I might sit with Ann again. She doesn't really know anyone yet except for me." Ann's head shot up to look at him, seeing that he was grinning towards her.

"Oh, really?" Mickayla spoke up, but her face was more peaceful, more nice than Marie's.

"Yeah," Harry replied. "She moved in next door to me yesterday, and I went over to her house to welcome her."

Marie's eyes narrowed. "Well, then," she lifted her hand and turned Harry's face so he would look at her. "Babe," she emphasized. "I'm coming over today, alright?"

Harry's breath shook. "Sure." She leaned in to kiss him, but he turned his face away, causing her to kiss his cheek. "Also, if you aren't doing anything after school, Ann, you could come and hang out with us."

Ann's eyes twinkled, but before she could say anything, Marie spoke up once more. "Harry," she stated through gritted teeth. "I was hoping that today it could be only me and you." She grinned, but it was more sinister.

"Marie-"

"No, it's fine." Ann spoke up, Marie's head snapping her way. "I already have plans to unpack some more. You two go have fun."

"Oh, we will." Marie smirked before standing up and grabbing her jacket. "See you after school."

And then the bell rang.