My Gay Best Friend's Brother [6]

Hola my fans!

I know I haven't posted this story in like a million years. I've been extremely busy. School has like taken over my life.

Anyway... uh, I'm going to have my shpeel at the end cause I don't wanna give anything away. So go and read.

Thanks and Happy Readings! (:

********************

My Gay Best Friend's Brother: Chapter Six

********************

The Truth & More Secrets

Calli's POV:

The day's mostly passed by like a blur. It was already Thursday...which meant I had a date-a friggin date-with Teagan. We hadn't spoken very much since the conversation we had when he answered Finn's phone, but he did text me. Speaking of which, I felt my pocket start to vibrate. I stopped mid-run and pulled out my phone. It was a text from Teagan. It read:

Looking forward to tonight. I have something to tell you.

Okay. What did he mean by 'I have something to tell you'? Was it serious? Maybe he could explain to me why Finn was distancing himself from me. I started my run again, the thought of Finn taking over my mind. Every time we spoke it was very brief and it seemed very...awkward. I hated it. He was-'is' my best friend. We were better than this. Maybe he just didn't want me going out with Teagan?

Ugh. Guys were hard to understand sometimes. And they complain about women? Right.

When I took the turn into my driveway, I noticed both of my dad's cars; the Dodge and the Jeep. My Avalon looked completely out of place next to the monstrosity that was his vehicles, but it was mine...so it belonged. It was probably somewhere around four p.m. now so, I continued into the house to get ready for my date with Teagan. Once I got into the house, I heard my dad's voice.

"Bambi?"

Walking toward his voice, I said, "Yeah. I just finished my jog."

I found him in the kitchen cooking. "Great," he said, not turning around.

"When did you get home?"

"About ten minutes before you. I'm leaving after I get some food in my system though." He finally turned around. "You should take a shower. You're sweating up a storm."

I laughed. "Thanks Mr. Obvious."

My dad smiled. "I'll be home around eleven. Don't wait up for me."

"Do I ever?"

He laughed. "I guess not."

He quickly finished cooking his omelet and started to eat it. As he ate, I rushed upstairs only to be called back by my dad.

"What?" I asked, trying not to sound impatient.

"You have a visitor," he said around a forkful of egg.

"Oh? Who is it?"

"Cory."

Cory? "I thought he was in the hospital until Friday?"

He shrugged. "Got out early."

I rolled my eyes. "Well, thanks for the heads up."

He nodded once and I quickly made my way to my room where I found Cory. He was standing in front of my wall of pictures. It had millions-maybe that was an exaggeration, but there was a lot-of pictures. Ones with me and Finn, Maddi, Winter, and Jamie. Mostly me and Finn though. He had a hand up, and looked to be tracing an outline of one of the pictures. The way he was touching it... It was completely unlike the Cory I had known before. Then, he pulled the picture off the wall and looked at it closer.