My Gay Best Friend's Brother [7]

Hey guys!

I know, I know...it's been a freakin' long time, huh? Well, I've been busy. School is crap lol.

Anyway, uh, my shpeel is going to be at the end...

Thanks and Happy Readings! (:

********************

My Gay Best Friend's Brother: Chapter Seven.

********************

Love and Honesty?

Calli's POV:

"Finn?" I prompted when Teagan didn't continue.

Teagan took a deep breath, then sighed. "He loves you, Calli."

I stared at him. Blinked. "What?"

Teagan looked me straight in the eye and reiterated. "He loves you."

That wasn't possible. Finn-my Finn-was 'gay'. Right?

"Maybe not as much as you think," Teagan said, clearly reading my thoughts. "In fact, I think he's just...playing us all."

But that didn't make sense. Why would Finn pretend to be gay? Why would any guy do that? I asked Teagan as much.

He shrugged. "I don't know. But, he's...different. And I know for a fact that when it comes to you-well, he doesn't act gay."

I could feel my eyebrows crunch up in thought. "But...it doesn't make sense."

"The only one who could answer the question is Finn."

As I opened my mouth to speak, the doorbell rang. "Uh, I'll go see who that is," I said, as I stood up.

Teagan nodded once and sat back in the couch. I got up and went to the door. "Who is it?"

The voice on the other side called out, "Me. Please open the door."

I was confused. What was Maddi doing here? I opened the door. "Maddi?"

Maddi looked like crap. Her eyes were red-rimmed; her usual perfect strawberry blonde locks were pulled into a messy ponytail. She was wearing a sweatshirt that was two sizes too big, and jogging pants. I was so shocked at seeing Maddi dressed so...messy, that I didn't hear what she said.

"I'm sorry...what?"

Maddi sniffled and said, "I need to talk to you."

I nodded quickly, ushering her inside. "Yeah. I'll just tell Teagan that now isn't a good time."

Maddi stiffened. "Teagan Montgomery?"

"Yeah," I said, feeling awkward all of a sudden. "We were supposed to have a date, but..." I drifted off, gesturing between me and her.

Maddi nodded, "Thanks."

When we got into the living room, Teagan stood. "Is everything okay?" he asked, sounding genuinely concerned.

I shook my head. "Just some girl stuff," I said. I wasn't all together sure what was up, but the less Teagan knew, the better. Maddi wouldn't like her business advertised.

Teagan nodded. "Alright. Well, we can reschedule then," he said slowly.

I nodded. "Besides, we're not done talking."

He nodded once more, then left. Maddi sat on the couch. "Is anyone home?" she asked.

I shook my head, "No. just us."

Maddi nodded and leaned forward, her elbows on her knees. "Calli..." she said, but then drifted.

I reached out and laid my hand on her shoulder as I sat down beside her. "What's wrong?"