✎ letter 11

December 29th 2010

Dear Ashton,

Today, I lay sprawled across the locust hardwood floor of my bedroom with thoughts clouding my mind.

As I lay there, thinking, I began to understand something.

Loving someone isn't easy. At all. In fact, it's the hardest thing you will experience throughout your life.

And sometimes, you feel as if all the air in your lungs vanishes into thin air and suffocate you with phrases of what ifs. Sometimes, you feel as if you're in halcyon, as if every morbid thought and memory fades from your existence.

But when you do fall for someone, they are capable of creating either happiness or sadness for you. And that's the thing, everyone has claimed to be in love, but do they understand what love actually means?

Everyone has grown up with stories and fairytales surrounding them, the ideals of what love means enclose their undeveloped minds without the authentic experience. But fairytales aren't at all real nor do they exist. When a horrid lightbulb goes off in your head, the realization hits you like a brick and reality appears to bite you in the ass.

At first, I thought falling in love was easy, but it's not easy at all. You struggle. You get hurt, but in the end, if what you feel is real, then it's worth it. It's worth the fight you put up.

In that moment, I understood everything about the baseless ideals of falling for you.

You're worth everything, and you deserve so much more than you're given. You deserve not only the world, but the entire universe.

Love,

Nova

A/N: The fanmix for this story is linked in my bio. Check it out!