✎ letter 15

January 3rd, 2011

Dear Ashton, 

The thought of school being tomorrow constricts my chest and I cannot seem to breathe. You could interpret it in any possible way that you'd like, either negative or positive. 

But the thing is, all the negative thoughts of returning to school cancels from my mind, and the only thought that remains is you, and only you. It always seems to happen, you seem to come crawling back into my finite thoughts. Absurd? I guess, but in the same way, I've grown so accustomed to it that it seemed almost ordinary. 

And you know what? I used to believe that you were a wound, that you will completely take control how I reacted emotionally and physically. I believed that you are nothing but at gash in my skin, and that you will inflict pain onto me. And I feared that the most, but I've come to the realization that you are not a wound, but a scar. 

Trust me when I say that I do not mean that in a dreadful way. What I'm trying to say is that you are a scar, but not a scar of gory; instead, you are a permanent scar of my happiness. You are my source of my joy, and at one point I thought that I had to be released of how I felt towards you to not feel pain, but it turns out that I was wrong. 

If I let you go, then I let go my happiness. I've come to the conclusion that I'm not going to deny or avoid the great pleasures of life. I'm going to take that risk and be audacious. And you know what? I'm going to take that risk for you because you'd do anything for the ones you feel most confident with. 

And that's how you make me feel: confident

Love, 

Nova