Chapter 2: Bad Dreams, Bad Words, and Bad Hair

I ran and I ran and I ran trying to escape the spreading darkness. A black mist stood on the edge of my vision, tempting to blind me. It surrounded me and began to choke me. I sputtered and wheezed, falling to my knees and coughing blood onto the ground.

"Why are you running?" a voice hissed. "Stay."

"NOO," I some how managed to choke back. "No."

By now the lack of oxygen in my lungs was making me dizzy. I collapsed completely against the ground and let my eyes flutter shut. Then suddenly I felt as if a weight lifted off  my shoulders and I slowly opened my eyes. 

I was back in my bedroom, on my bed alone. I uncurled myself from my position and sat up. When I looked down on myself inspecting for injury, I couldn't help but gasp from shock.

I was wearing a VERY lacy pink corsette and a skimpy pair of lacy pink underwear. How did I end up in these?

The door creaked open and my eyes snapped to the intruder. He wore a plain white tshirt and faded jeans. His face was covered by the black mask that surrounded his eyes and layed over his left cheek. A black mist surrounded his body. His jet black hair was messed up in a good way and he approached me carefully, hunger in his eyes. I threw my blanket over my half naked body. 

"Leave," I hissed at him. 

"Now what would be the fun in that?" he said with a smirk. He approached me even more until he was centimeters from me. His towering figure created a cage around my body. I could feel the electricity between our lips, begging us to close the distance. Fear leaned in even more so that his lips were gently brushing my own, causing jolts of electricity to run up and down my spine. I closed my eyes prepared. He spoke against my lips, "I like you in pink."

Just as he was about to close the final distance, I awoke with my heart pounding in my throat. I could still feel his lingering effect on my lips as tiny sparks jumped when I put my fingers to them. I groaned. It was a dream and I had dreamed of Fear. Stupid hormones.

With another groan, I kicked off my covers and made my way to my bathroom. As soon as I stepped inside though, I screamed so loudly that I almost broke my own eardrums. 

Lying on the sink where I usually put my clothes to change into, was a pink lacy corsette.

~*~

After a slight mental breakdown, 6 AM came around and it was time for school. Friday. Finally.

My wavy brown hair decided to go crazy on me and stick up in random places so I chose to go with a simple ponytail.

I made sure to tear the pink corsette into millions of pieces and put it in my "To Burn" pile (don't judge).  After throwing on some clothes for school, I skipped downstairs and put in some toast for breakfast. Danny came into the kitchen in his boxer shorts and a white tshirt.

"Morning."

"Hey. Sorry, I got home late last night. I don't know what time I'll be home tonight. I think Paul wanted me to take his shift so I might not be home until really late. Danny was my older brother by three years. He was also the only living relative I had left. Ever since Fear came to Justice, the crime rates spiked before they came back down. Our parents were shot 5 years ago when Fear was still toying with Battlesword and the crime rate was dangerously high because everyone was distracted with the huge Super battle.

Today was the anniversary of their death. It still pained me to think about them and I felt tears welling up in my eyes.

"Behave. Danny you're in charge. If anything happens, call us," my mother told us as my father and her stood at the door ready to depart.