Chapter 10: New Day, New Bae, New Way

Update :)

 I instinctively let out a scream only to have a hand clamp down over my mouth; my screams were muted by the fabric of a glove.

"Shhhhh. Wouldn't want Danny to hear. How are you, Eby? Good? Good," he said with a clipped tone and removed his hand from my mouth. I saw a blur flash before my eyes and suddenly, he was standing upright with perfect posture, arms crossed across his brooding chest and jaw clenched in an unknown emotion. He took a step towards me until he was only a breath away from my face.

 "How was he?" he growled out.

 "How was who?" I said, praying he was referring to anyone other than Battlesword.

 He snarled, an animalistic sound that sent shivers down my spine. "Don't make me repeat myself."

 I swallowed, but I had trouble because my throat was dry. I decided, stupidly of course, to stick with my clueless facade. "I don't know who you are referring to," I spat out, going for a bratty attitude. I, however, was never a good liar, at least not around Fear.

 With yet another horrifying growl, he picked up the closest thing, which happened to be my pink lamp, and hurled it across the room. It smashed into a million pieces and left a gaping hole in the dry wall.

"Wrong answer."

 "Hey! That was my –" And suddenly, my feet were no longer in contact with the ground. I heard the click of the window being unlocked and felt Fear's footsteps sink into my carpeted floor as he carried me over to the window. With me in his arms, he clambered out through the panes and once outside, slung me across his shoulder as he began to scale the wall. He climbed higher and higher until we reached the highest point of the house, the black bricked chimney, and only then did he set me down on the ashy bricks.

 As soon as my feet felt a solid surface beneath them, my mouth snapped open to shoot out insults, but was clamped shut just as fast as it had opened by a fabric coated hand.

"I don't want to hear it. Blah, blah, you hate me. Blah, blah, I drugged you, blah, blah. I've heard it all before and quite frankly, I don't want to hear it again," he said annoyed as he removed his hand from my mouth. "You went against my orders and you –"

 "You drugged me, you monster!" I screamed, fingers making unladylike gestures.

 "Yeah, yeah, yeah. I'm a monster, blah, blah, I should burn in hell, blah, blah. I know the whole spiel," he replied nonchalantly, posture easy and relaxed. "Can you just get over it already? What did Battlesword say?" he persisted, but this time, he seemed more annoyed than angry.

 I let out a frustrated sigh and dug my fingers into my hair, pulling strands out. He just patiently stood there, foot tapping against the ashy brick. He looked at his watch and then, once satisfied with what it showed him, looked back to me.

 I took in deep breaths, trying to calm myself. 

 "Why does it matter what he said? He'd never give away his plan to me. Why are you so concerned on a conversation that doesn't involve you?" I said, annoyed at how persistent he was being. I needed him out of my life; he had no business prying for information.

 "Pinkie, babe. You still don't get it, do you? Everything about you concerns me. I need to know where you've been, who you've seen, hell, even how you like your eggs – scrambled I believe – and you need to make things easier for me because I'm going to find out regardless of whether or not you simply tell me or I have to pry it out of you with a crowbar. So if you'd please hurry up and inform me of that conversation already, we can get down from this stupid roof and snuggle up into that cozy bed of yours," he said with a wink.