*01 | Flight (edited)

-3rd person point of view-

---------------

It was a cold evening in New York City. Eren was about to leave for the airport to make his way back to Chicago, Illinois where he was currently staying till he could find a stable home and job. He didn't have any family to stay with, he lost them all. His mother Carla and his father Grisha were both killed in a car accident. The person who hit them suffered from such mild conditions, and couldn't be saved. He also had an adopted sister who soon committed suicide because she couldn't handle losing their parents. Mikasa lost her real parents at a murder. She was right there in front of them, and as soon as they were dead they kidnapped her. After a year or so of being missing, she managed to escape.

Eren had only one person in his life left. His best friend named Armin who was not only his best friend but work partner as well. He was waiting for Eren to get to the airport so they could get home. Eren was lucky he had Armin because Armin also considered suicide after his grandfather passed away. That was his only family besides Eren of course. Luckily, Eren caught Armin in the act and got him help. Then he got a boyfriend and now they're very happy together and he's much better. Of course, just having Armin in his life wasn't enough to make him completely happy. Everyone needs family and friends, or even a partner in a relationship wise. But he wasn't lucky in that category, nobody seemed to have interest in him. Most women assumed he was gay anyway. Honestly, Eren didn't know either. He never met anyone enough to get close to them.

Eren pulled up to the airport and parked the rented car on the side of the walkway. Someone, there was waiting for him and helped gather his things. He didn't like how they helped them, he felt bad having them do so. But Eren was paid enough money to at least tip them. Once he walked inside, Armin greeted him was a big, bright smile.

"Eren!" He yelled while waving at Eren. Once Eren got closer he spoke. "Hey Armin, how are you?" Eren spoke happily. He was good at hiding real emotions, and could easily pull off seeming happy. He was glad he had that skill because if he didn't he'd always be surrounded by Armin's questions.

"I'm good, how about you? Did the meeting go well?" He asked. Eren nodded while smiling. "I'm good Armin, thanks. The meeting went well," Eren and Armin started walking towards the plan. Armin never lets Eren leave state, or country without him. So he went around collecting prizes and things he liked. He always had fun, which was a good thing.

"Did they take the offer?" He spoke quietly. Eren nodded his head while smiling. Armin's face lit up with happiness. "That's great! Pixis will upgrade your paycheck for this one!" Armin winked. Eren started to laugh at Armin's comment. "Yeah, then I can actually buy a car to get to my classes." Armin nodded in agreement.

Eren still went to college. This is his last year, and its ending soon. He's 22 years old and healthy. He works out every morning before work, and during school, he has two periods to work out. He has decent grades, thanks to Armin's outside of school tutoring. He has an okay life. Though he wishes he could have someone close to him.

Once Eren and Armin get onto the plane, they get quiet. Eren fell asleep while Armin read. About an hour later, Eren woke up knowing the flight would still be a couple hours more. So he decided to see if he had gotten any text messages.

 New Message From:

Marco Bott

We got a new student in class, but since we have break, you haven't missed anything. Don't worry, when you get here it'll be just in time.

-Marco

Eren sighed. A new student? Who could it be? Eren looked over at Armin who was staring at him with a curious face.

"What is it?" He asked. Eren began speaking; "new student apparently." Armin nodded, giving him a look that it'll be okay. Eren hoped it wasn't someone who was like Jean Kirstein. That was one of Eren's childhood bullies.

He blew off the thought and rested the rest of the flight. Once they made it to Chicago Eren and Armin went their separate ways. Armin messaged Eren two hours later asking if he made it out of the airport. Sadly, he was still there. Security got bad after some guy decided to bring drugs along with him.

When waiting in line, Eren heard the announcements go off.

"Eren Jaeger, and Levi Ackerman please come out front of the airport asap!"

Eren being confused went out to the front. He did not only wonder why he was being called up front, but he was also wondering who the hell Levi Ackerman was. He's never heard of him before, but people around Illinois and other states have heard of Eren. That was only because he's been to meetings with Pixis and they were pretty popular ones. But that still didn't mean anything.

Once he got out there, he was greeted by two men and a woman. One male was tall and had blonde hair, it almost looked like an undercut, but not quite. He also had huge eyebrows.

The second person was a woman who had glasses and a crazy messy brown ponytail. She also had a huge weird smile.

Lastly, the second male was stunning. He was shorter than most males, and he still yet stood very tall. In confidence maybe? Anyways, he had a black undercut. His eyes were a mix of blue and grey, and he had a stern, cold look on his face. He seemed to stare right though Eren, but for some reason, he couldn't lay his eyes off of him.

Suddenly the first male started speaking. "Levi, where the hell did you go?" Levi stared at me while speaking.

"The bathroom," Eren was now guessing that the short males name was Levi. That was who they announced. Eren wouldn't leave his stare, and Levi didn't seem to want to either. Eventually, the others started to notice.

"Mmm," the second said while looking at Eren and Levi. "Levi, why don't you talk to Mr. Jeager instead?" Levi nodded without breaking their stare.

"So Mr. Jeager," Eren suddenly cut him off. "Eren," Levi widened his eyes for a moment, for some unknown reason. Then continued.

"Okay so, Eren. We've seen such progress you've made at your company, and we were wondering if you'd like to transfer to ours. You'll get a higher pay, and get many opportunities." Eren bit his lip, not knowing what to say or do.

"I-I don't know r-really.." Eren started stuttering. He didn't realize, but he started looking at his lips. And suddenly Levi smirked, and Eren's cheeks grew red. "That's okay," Levi spoke. "You can call me when you're ready." Levi got a piece of paper and started writing.

"Here you go," Levi handed him the piece of paper. "Oh, your car is over here, would you like me to show you the way?" Eren nodded while blushing again.

"By the way, this is Erwin and shitty glasses." Erwin nodded and the girl Levi called shitty glasses rolled her eyes and smiled. "I'm Hanji!" She yelled excitedly. "You'll love working with us Eren! Bye!" Hanji and Erwin went away to a limo.

"Hey, brat" Levi spoke. Eren blushed when he heard Levi speak. "Y-yes?" Levi got closer, "I saw you staring. Do you like what you see?" Levi said emotionlessly.

Of course, being Eren. He started stuttering again. "U-um," Levi made a tch noise. "I know you do. Go take a right and your car will be there. Text me as soon as you get there." Eren nodded and started walking away.

"Bye, Eren." Eren got goosebumps when he heard Levi say his name. And with that, they both left.

------

Words - 1364