Chapter 2

2 Years Earlier

"Oh meri Allah! Oh meri Allaaaah" Faridah sang as she layed down her three month old baby on the duvet.

"Mama! Mama!" Aadil screamt. "Da people at da door!" he said, he's five year old voice rang through the apartment.

"Ummi! There are some guys by the door," Aziza said to her mother as she threw her veil to Faridah.

Faridah quickly put it on and walked to the door. 

"Miss, you have to open the door or we will open it forcably." a stern voice came.

Faridah opened the door and was abruptly pushed aside.

"Where is he? Where is Mr. Al-Zeid?!" a man in uniform bellowed waking up Hawa causing her to cry. 

Aziza watched from behind the door, she only seen or heard these thing on the tv. Especially after 9/11.   She quickly ran and dragged Aadil into the room where Hawa weeped. "Sing for her," Aziza said as she closed the door behind her.

"No! Please! He's not home yet!" Faridah cried as she was pushed against the wall.

"Your husband is part of the Al-Qeada! Isn't he?! He was part of 9/11! Your just covering up for him!" the man screamt  with rage as he pulled Faridah's hands behind her back.

"Ummi! Ummi!" Aziza cried as she saw her mother -who's veil stripped from her face- being beaten.

Faridah weeped in pain as they covered her head with what looked like a pillow case. 

"Aziza! Help!" she cried.

One of the men spotted Aziza, the thirteen year old's eyes widend as she realized what was going on.

They were taking her mother away and she couldn't stop them.

"Ummi! Don't take her a-" she was cut off as she felt a blow to the head.